JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Today is Election Day in US

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1989 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:
19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Neil, I always enjoy your comments but the script font is very difficult to read on my phone...

Is it possibly the combination of Italics and Script...

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Is it possibly the combination of Italics and Script...

Sandra, maybe you, Tortuga, and others can tell me if the italics makes a big difference or if it is just this font itself on a phone that is hard to read? I use a computer for JWtalk so I don't know how it looks on a phone.

"The font is Comic Sans MS

"The font is Comic Sans MS (italics)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

1 minute ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Sandra, maybe you, Tortuga, and others can tell me if the italics makes a big difference or if it is just this font itself on a phone that is hard to read? I use a computer for JWtalk so I don't know how it looks on a phone.

"The font is Comic Sans MS

"The font is Comic Sans MS (italics)

The font is too small for me to comfortably see on my phone. :mellow:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The font is too small for me to comfortably see on my phone. :mellow:

Interesting, so that is the problem, the size. I would not have known this because on the computer this font is larger than the standard font. :shrugs:

What if I increase the size a little from 14 to 16, how does it look now?

"The font is Comic Sans MS

"The font is Comic Sans MS"  (italics)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

4 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Interesting, so that is the problem, the size. I would not have known this because on the computer this font is larger than the standard font. :shrugs:

What if I increase the size a little from 14 to 16, how does it look now?

:thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We finally solved 1 of the world's problems! I feel so motivated now :D

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

Neil, I'm not sure how it is for anyone else, and/or the difference using a computer vs cell phone. I almost always use the computer so it's larger and would naturally be easier to see, but I think the Script font in combination with the Italics is what I found harder to read. Sometimes the different fonts come darker or lighter by default, and I think the Script is one of those that are lighter. But since you bolded it, it does make it easier to See, but maybe not to make out the letters, sorta like hearing aids make everything Louder but not necessarily Clearer. I love the Comic Sans font but since it already have sort of a curley look to it, adding the slant of the italics could make someone squint a little.

I have cataracts so I'm probably not the best person to ask, but, I go Arial all the way...lol

I love your comments and whatever form they're in, they are still excellent. They show a lot of time, effort and research to share with others and that is very much appreciated...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

What does the outcome mean for Trump? Does this mean he doesn't have as much power as he did before?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Something like that...

The Republicans, since January 2017, had the majority in the House, Senate and the White House. Now the Democrats have the majority in the House. However, we don't know what's going to happen but it's going to get uglier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My wife worked with a sister yesterday that was prepared to answer the question head on. She had scriptures lined up and was ready to make a defense..

Ok...

I remember a talk where the brother described how cowboys manage a heard of cattle. They don't stand in front of the cattle, they come in from the side and direct the herd in the right direction. I think that's a good description of tact. We don't have to defend our faith by attacking every issue head on, we can tactfully look for a common ground and direct the issue in the right direction. The results can be more pleasant, just ask any cowboy...

Reminds me of what a CO said. We come upon an older lady, drinking her tea, just finished her bible reading for the day. 

Now, here we are. Do we pull out the, “silver sword”, and just slash her heart felt beliefs, just like that? 

No, we are gentle, and can get to the meat of the matter after trust and confidence is built up regarding how we present the truth. Not slash and burn. But, gentleness and patience. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Something like that...

The Republicans, since January 2017, had the majority in the House, Senate and the White House. Now the Democrats have the majority in the House. However, we don't know what's going to happen but it's going to get uglier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Interesting times indeed.

Question for those that live in the States: is CNN as bad as what President Windbag says with regards to reporting fake news? I only ask because I always though CNN was the highest level of news reporting that all other networks looked to be like.

Then again, I'm in Canada and aren't totally familiar with the USA goings-on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk