JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Downloading Broadcast videos to play on a dvd player?

I am trying to figure out how to download (what program to use, etc.) to convert the downloads on tv.jw.org of the broadcast etc. to a format that will play on most dvd players so I can download them on a cd for a sister I know who can't be around many electronics due to health issues. ^_^

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

25 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I am trying to figure out how to download (what program to use, etc.) to convert the downloads on tv.jw.org of the broadcast etc. to a format that will play on most dvd players so I can download them on a cd for a sister I know who can't be around many electronics due to health issues. ^_^

My first thought was, a DVD player that doesn't contain electronics, Isn't that an oxymoron? :D

Joking aside, I use DVD Flick the basic program is free. Works fine for converting MP4 (steaming or download) to MP3 DVD disk players. Be sure to use the 'Burn to Disk on completion' function.

You might wand to down load 'VLC Media Player so you can test the finished product on your PC. :)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, TonyWenz said:

Many TV's and DVD players have a usb port. This will often allow you to play straight from the flash drive. No need to burn, just reuse the usb stick.

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

Without electronics?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Well spotted John.
Sorry I missed the point, electronics!
May I suggest that the flash drive, would probably radiate less 'electronics' than a DVD player, or even a TV.
They are (usually) hermetically sealed, and run on 5v or less, so very little electro-magnetic radiation.
And you would save on DVD's, as you can reuse the flash drive.
Maybe (or maybe not) even prep it by wiping the flash drive down with an appropriate anti-bacterial wipe. Some are specially designed for electronics.
(As long as the cure is not worse than condition...)

Older {waiting for wiser}

Yep, I think it's something to do with a heart issue. I'm guessing she has an older version tv but I'm gonna ask. I know she can't be around things like microwaves or laptops because of the waves they put out? I am trying to download these in a way she can watch them, so I appreciate all of the help. ^_^❤️

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

It probably is an older tv, and newer tv are essentially computers now, and will do same to her.   You may try one of those mini media usb players.  But if cell phones and tablets give her trouble that may not work.

A workaround I know of is putting the player or laptop in another room, as far away as possible and running a long cable to the tv, shutting the doors in-between.  That works for someone I know for about hour until it effects her.  Older DVD players are ok.  It took many attempts to find a tv that was ok for her.

I use Nero for DVD creation.  Not free, but I like it.