JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

22 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What is so stupid is that government aloud around 27,000 people live in a forest in the same area, this is dangerous.. I read the fire was moving 100 years per second. Nobody is not going to learn in this system.

Oh I think it was moving much faster than that.😂

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

What is so stupid is that government aloud around 27,000 people live in a forest in the same area, this is dangerous.. I read the fire was moving 100 years per second. Nobody is not going to learn in this system.

Where would you have them live? That density is far less than most cities that are subject of fire, earthquakes and crime.

I live with the forrest pushing up against my back fence, should the gorernment tell me to move? Would you have the government tell Miss Bea she has to move? How does 'stupid' come into this? There were two Kingdom Halls in the burn area*, were our brothers stupid for building them or were the authorities stupid for issuing the permits? 

* I checked on Google, but since the report from JW.org only mentions the one it makes me wonder if they had been consolidated. Both halls were on the same street some 5.5 miles apart. One at 7874 Skyway, which burned and one at 14429 Skyway, Magalia not mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

I read the fire was moving 100 years per second

I was not aware of the time travel with these fires :confused:

Edited by Qapla

Paradise residents calling Roseburg home for now

"The Joslins, who are devout Jehovah’s Witnesses, said it was nothing short of a miracle that they are still alive."

“I thought Grandma was going to die; it was stressful,” Kate said. “The fire was on both sides of us, and I started crying, because I was scared and I didn’t want her to die. Because she’s, like, the best grandma I’ve ever had.”

Edited by rocket

On 11/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, rocket said:

Paradise residents calling Roseburg home for now

"The Joslins, who are devout Jehovah’s Witnesses, said it was nothing short of a miracle that they are still alive."

“I thought Grandma was going to die; it was stressful,” Kate said. “The fire was on both sides of us, and I started crying, because I was scared and I didn’t want her to die. Because she’s, like, the best grandma I’ve ever had.”

Oh my!!! This was so touching!! I almost cried! I really kept up with the fires and videos and I have been wondering how our JW family has been doing! Beautiful story and I know Jehovah appreciate his name being shown in such a respectful way! Love this so much! Also good information about those go bags!!!! WE NEED TO BE READY WITH THOSE!