JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Private firefighters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1972 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/kim-kardashians-private-firefighters-expose-the-fault-lines-of-america/ar-BBPItgS?li=BBnb7Kz

This is an interesting issue. Private firefighters were hired to protect specific high priced homes.

I can understand an insurance company hiring a private fire fighting company to protect a high price home the same way they might hire a private security company to protect a person or property, OTOH it may use limited resources or interfere with the other agencies. It seem there are a lot of pros and cons.

Interesting predicament..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yeah - I read about this and wondered where do they get the water from? Do they take what is needed for "public use" and use it on the private fire?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I mentioned this to my husband. It sort of surprised me. Private fire fighters. Then he reminded me of the crew that came to our property to burn. Twenty five people or so. All kinds of fire rigs. It was impressive and scary at the same time. I could not be here because my lungs do not take kindly to smoke. I don’t know how Sid got access to it, but there they were. 

He said they probably could be hired out. 

I guess in the old days,this was not unique. If you wanted a fire put out, you paid for it. 

Glad we have moved beyond that system. 

To me, firefighters are a special sort of people. Like ambulance operators and EMT’s. Altruistic. Not an easy life, but, there they are. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

58 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I mentioned this to my husband. It sort of surprised me. Private fire fighters. Then he reminded me of the crew that came to our property to burn. Twenty five people or so. All kinds of fire rigs. It was impressive and scary at the same time. I could not be here because my lungs do not take kindly to smoke. I don’t know how Sid got access to it, but there they were. 

He said they probably could be hired out. 

I guess in the old days,this was not unique. If you wanted a fire put out, you paid for it. 

Glad we have moved beyond that system. 

To me, firefighters are a special sort of people. Like ambulance operators and EMT’s. Altruistic. Not an easy life, but, there they are. 

I have a grandson who is a firefighter and a son in law that's a first responder..they do work hard, always on call..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

And so, even an asinine celebrity story can act like a fault, slicing deep into the bedrock of what the U.S. is, and exposing what different groups of Americans want it to be. It’s 2018, after all.

Iron and clay...iron and clay... all the way...to Jehovah's rapidly approaching Judgment Day.  :unsure:

convention_invitation_2011_back.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yeah - I read about this and wondered where do they get the water from? Do they take what is needed for "public use" and use it on the private fire?

I haven't really looked into this so my thoughts here are kinda off the cuff, shootin from the hip.

As I see it, all the service is providing is manpower.

If local crews were able to be there and used public water, they would do it.

If private crews are able to be there, and used that same public water, what's the difference?

The difference would be that the private crew is adding manpower to the overall firefighting effort, allowing local crews to concentrate their efforts somewhere else.

Also, if a swimming pool is available at that home, the private crew would(probably) be equipped to use that water, thereby saving that amount of water for public crews.

I don't, at this point, see a problem with them...

7 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I haven't really looked into this so my thoughts here are kinda off the cuff, shootin from the hip.

As I see it, all the service is providing is manpower.

If local crews were able to be there and used public water, they would do it.

If private crews are able to be there, and used that same public water, what's the difference?

The difference would be that the private crew is adding manpower to the overall firefighting effort, allowing local crews to concentrate their efforts somewhere else.

Also, if a swimming pool is available at that home, the private crew would(probably) be equipped to use that water, thereby saving that amount of water for public crews.

I don't, at this point, see a problem with them...

I was thinking the same way. More boots on the ground is a good thing if they play nice.

I figure if I had a $50 million home I might have my own water supply too.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

In times of fire all water able to be used is “public” water. My understanding is that as a homeowner, if you happen to have a fire hose you can use it in your neighborhood. That said, what should be a minor ‘tempest in a teapot’ will likely become some cause celebre by the social justice warriors to try to exacerbate class warfare and increase divisiveness. 

My understanding of the way they do it on Maui is fire fighters have a legal claim to your swimming pool. How would you like to wake up to a BIG helicopter hovering low over your house while it sucks your pool dry. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

During time of wildfire in Florida ALL water becomes "Public Domain". They can take it from you swimming pool, decorative and/or fish pond (even if that pond is part of your fish raising business), lake or beach access.

When it comes to wildfire, they take what they need to combat the fire and face any irate and/or litigious people later.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~