JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

I just got "confused" icon on one of my comments and I think if someone doesn't understand the joke then leave it alone - move on, nothing to see - no need to react.

I view giving confused button as "picking on people" .

In view of Love and Criticism TOPIC, I appeal for CONFUSED button to be removed as some of us view it as "putting down a person or comment" 

Confused button does not promote love.

How others are viewing "confused button" ???

Please share your views..:wave:

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

I just got "confused" icon on one of my comments and I think if someone doesn't understand the joke then leave it alone - move on, nothing to see - no need to react.

I view giving confused button as "picking on people" .

In view of Love and Criticism TOPIC, I appeal for CONFUSED button to be removed as some of us view it as "putting down a person or comment" 

Confused button does not promote love.

How others are viewing "confused button" ???

Please share your views..:wave:

I personally don't have a problem with the confused button.  I think it's just a way of someone saying they don't understand something.  We can either ignore them or, if appropriate, ask them if we can enlarge of the information so they are no longer lacking in understanding. Just my view, others may feel differently.  :)

Sometimes we are truly confused of what others has commented... 

As me, lack understanding of English and cultural difference cause it, yet I don't press the button everytime I feel so... 

In some cases, I even changed my button when I saw others have different reaction with me... :lol: Peer pressure huh? :eek:

I think when it comes to jokes, we WANT to be in on it and see the funny side, and sometimes we feel a bit silly if we don't 'get it' ... so a confused might be just a nudge that they didn't get it ... and perhaps we could explain it even if its via a pm?

I don't think anything nasty is meant by it ... and if there is ... will it matter in a hundred years?

*Goes off to look for a joke that probably involves wombats, kangaroos, donuts or the whole three.

I have used that confused button a couple of times,  I use it if I would like a point explained better or if I don't understand something. 

I used it a couple of days ago and the Sister expanded on her comment and then I understood what she meant.

I used the 'thanks'  button to say thanks..

I hope I don't offend anyone if it was your comment that I was confused about, I was just confused...which happens a bit too often for my liking these daze but, it is what it is....

3 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I was just confused...which happens a bit too often for my liking these daze but, it is what it is....

Just confused if it happens often these days because you are in a daze.  :lol: :heart: :flowers:  

I agree with the other comments. The "confused' reaction is feedback. This is an International forum and everyone may have a different reaction to something we post, so we should consider it as constructive criticism and be willing to change. 

I like them all. I even think there is a place for a thumsdown button - especially on topics where a person is being asked if they do or do not like something (like vegetables or romaine lettuce). :wink:

We have to be careful with taking these things too seriously.

4 hours ago, Guri said:

Can you remove all buttons as for some at least one of them can be offensive. :D 

Heh Guri, I actually love the buttons, because they express what I want to say when I can't find the words to say it. I'm often speechless haha.

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

I like them all. I even think there is a place for a thumsdown button - especially on topics where a person is being asked if they do or do not like something (like vegetables or romaine lettuce). :wink:

We have to be careful with taking these things too seriously.

Agreed. This is a fun site ... now if we could emoticons to the brothers giving talks, that would be an interesting exercise! 

It may have been me that used the confused button - I do not know.

I sometimes use the buttons based on what they look like not the caption that goes with them - especially when there are no buttons to correctly reflect my reaction.

Take the "Wow!" button. When I see the emoji I get "surprised", "astonished", "impressed" or even "shocked" or "startled" - not just "Wow!"

The same holds true of the "Confused" emoji. By the look of it, I can see confused, but I also see other reactions and, I guess, at times, I may use the wrong button.

I favor removing the "caption" from the emojis and adding some additional ones like waving, thumbsdown, head shaking no or yes (although this is similar to thumbs) and letting the "look" of the emoji be used for however the user would like

Some time ago, a brother posted something, but I didn't really understand what he meant. So I reacted to his post with the "confused" button; nothing else. The brother evidently understood why I reacted with that, and so responded with another post to clarify his remark! I really liked that. :lol: