JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Climate change: CO2 emissions rising for first time in four years

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1948 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Global efforts to tackle climate change are way off track says the UN, as it details the first rise in CO2 emissions in four years.

The emissions gap report says that economic growth is responsible for a rise in 2017 while national efforts to cut carbon have faltered.

To meet the goals of the Paris climate pact, the study says it's crucial that global emissions peak by 2020.

But the analysis says that this is now not likely even by 2030.

The report comes days before a major UN climate conference starting in Poland from 2-14 December.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46347453

I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Revelation 11: 18......”bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

i see that many government officials in US are denying that climate change is happening even though scientists who get paid nothing are reporting on this! And the effects of climate change are very obvious! The fires, pollution, deaths, floods, extreme storms! It’s crazy that these politicians would rather line their pockets a bit more instead of help the earth! Shows you what time we are living in ... so close to the end. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a subscription with the Climate Science, Awareness and Solutions website that alerts me every month on what our monthly global average temperature is, every month it goes up base on previous years models of the same month.

You can get a monthly subscription here if anyone is interested, they basically send graphs and charts of our temperature rise. For those that are enthusiast on this topic.

https://www.climatescienceawarenesssolutions.org/temp/

23 hours ago, Lewis said:

I have a subscription with the Climate Science, Awareness and Solutions website that alerts me every month on what our monthly global average temperature is, every month it goes up base on previous years models of the same month.

You can get a monthly subscription here if anyone is interested, they basically send graphs and charts of our temperature rise. For those that are enthusiast on this topic.

https://www.climatescienceawarenesssolutions.org/temp/

Thank you!!!

Methane is a greenhouse gas like carbon dioxide (CO2). But the negative effect on the climate of Methane is 23 times higher than the effect of CO2. Therefore the release of about 100 kg Methane per year for each cow is equivalent to about 2'300 kg CO2 per year.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:07 AM, Whitley M said:

Revelation 11: 18......”bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

i see that many government officials in US are denying that climate change is happening even though scientists who get paid nothing are reporting on this! And the effects of climate change are very obvious! The fires, pollution, deaths, floods, extreme storms! It’s crazy that these politicians would rather line their pockets a bit more instead of help the earth! Shows you what time we are living in ... so close to the end. 

Luke 21:28   But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near...

notice it says start... We are so beyond that... The industrial revolution is doing us all in...

On 11/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, Gregexplore said:

Good question, because past 4 years we warmer and breaking records ...

Interesting, let me see if I follow. Since it was warmer there were less carbon emissions due to lower heating requirements? Now that it’s cooling people are using more energy for heating and therefore the Co2 levels are rising??