JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"The Undecided" A Book By Thomas Walker

The+Undecided+Cover.jpg

Not Everyone Is Happy To Be Here... 

(Years 250 - 325)

Jesus promised a wonderful future, where all those who had died would be returned to life in Paradise; and the Memorial Tombs of the world would be emptied. A world where the prophecy of eternal Eden would be fulfilled. For thousands of years, millions of people prayed to see that world come to pass.
But there have been billions of others, who prayed for entirely different ideas of Paradise.
Atxi believed wholeheartedly in her ancient gods, and is horrified to find herself in a Christian Paradise.
James was a Pirate, rejecting all authority as cruel and selfish; only to find himself in a world ruled by the most loving Authority of all.
Walter believed in nothing at all, and had no respect for the idea that there could be something greater than himself.
All three of them will have to face a New Heavens and a New Earth, and make a choice that could grant them Eternal Life... At the cost of something else.

The first two books were incredibly well received; but there were two main points of contention: First, some believed very strongly that money is not going to have any place in the New World. In my series, it was viewed as a necessity, but not anyone’s priority; for purposes of trade across a global brotherhood.

Secondly, there was some debate as to whether or not there would be ‘Undecided’ people. It was a plot point; as there was no specific direction on the subject, the position was based on some deductive reasoning.

These two points created some serious discussion among people I knew, and from that came some interesting viewpoints; which was the whole point of writing this series. But while there was some debate; there’s obviously no way to find out. The final word on each debate is: This is a fictional novelization of a place that’s certain to come eventually.

So after ‘agreeing to disagree’ with half a dozen people; I then proceeded to write an entire third novel around the most contentious points of discussion. As always, this is just a fictional viewpoint; and I can’t wait to find out the parts I got wrong.

Two or three chapters will be added each week, around this time. Four Chapters for Launch Day.

Kindle edition will be complete in a few weeks; paperback a bit after that; pending completion.

Part One: Resurrection

Chapter One: James

Chapter Two: Atxi

Chapter Three: Walter

Chapter Four: In The Beginning

Don't like reading it in bits - will wait for launch day and buy the book as I always do. Looks as amazing as the last ones. 

As far as "Undecided" People go.

Have a read of the following information and tell me what you think?

True Worship has Been Restored - Chapt 19 - Paragraph 6b

The angel stated: “Everything will live wherever the stream goes.” Does that mean, though, that the water from Jehovah’s house reached every part of the Dead Sea? No. The angel explained that some marshy regions remained beyond the reach of the life-giving waters. Those places were “abandoned to salt.” (Ezek. 47:8-11) So the prophetic picture conveyed a reassuring promise that pure worship would revive the people, causing them to thrive. But a warning note was also sounded: Not all would accept Jehovah’s blessings; nor would all be healed

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

42 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Have a read of the following information and tell me what you think?

I think that as far as the book goes, this chapter is the clearest, or at least the most recent, piece of Society Literature that suggests I'm on the right track with regard to Opposition.

The interesting point in p19: 

Each one must choose. You see, new scrolls will be opened during that time. So the refreshing waters from Jehovah will include newly revealed truths, new spiritual instructions. Is it not thrilling to think of that prospect? Nonetheless, some will refuse that blessing, choosing instead to disobey Jehovah. Some individuals may rebel during the Millennium, but they will not be allowed to disrupt Paradise.

Nothing there as to ageing or how they will be 'prevented', but even this much is helpful when in the planning stages. Thanks for bringing it up, and I hope you'll enjoy it, when I get it done.

It's the bit you missed out I find most interesting - "Not all would accept Jehovah's blessings , nor would all be healed"

If they aren't healed then it's possible (speculation of course) that these ones won't retain youth ... and continue to grow old until they either die ? or accept or reject Jehovah?  Therefore - they would be classed as the undecided (even if a different term is used) until they either accept or reject Jehovah's way. Some may take a while to come to that conclusion.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

It's the bit you missed out I find most interesting - "Not all would accept Jehovah's blessings , nor would all be healed

I guess I just assumed that part was for the Ancient Exiles. Admittedly, there'd be a future fulfilment too; but the chapter has sort of moved on from the verse at that point.

If it does have the Paradise Fulfilment, then it means I guessed right about something; which is heartening, since I'm sure I guessed wrong on plenty.

55 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I guess I just assumed that part was for the Ancient Exiles. Admittedly, there'd be a future fulfilment too; but the chapter has sort of moved on from the verse at that point.

If it does have the Paradise Fulfilment, then it means I guessed right about something; which is heartening, since I'm sure I guessed wrong on plenty.

Go down to paragraph 19 ... the greater fulfillment is the following:

"Each one must choose. You see, new scrolls will be opened during that time. So the refreshing waters from Jehovah will include newly revealed truths, new spiritual instructions. Is it not thrilling to think of that prospect? Nonetheless, some will refuse that blessing, choosing instead to disobey Jehovah. Some individuals may rebel during the Millennium, but they will not be allowed to disrupt Paradise. (Isa. 65:20) We may be reminded of Ezekiel’s vision and think of those marshy places that remained barren, “abandoned to salt.” How foolish are those who stubbornly refuse to drink from the precious water of life! After the Millennium, a group of rebels will side with Satan. All who reject Jehovah’s righteous rule will face the same end: eternal death.—Rev. 20:7-12"

So it shows that the time after the opening of the new scrolls, the marshy places will remain barren, to those who choose not to side with Jehovah ... they stubbornly refuse ... will some become unstubborn? It doesn't say. It does say that a. they will not be allowed to disrupt peace ... and b. these will become part of the group identified as Gog of Magog in the final test - see Chapters 21 and 22 for clarification.

It's like reading an exciting novel isn't it?

On 11/30/2018 at 8:51 PM, Thomas Walker said:

The+Undecided+Cover.jpg

Not Everyone Is Happy To Be Here... 

(Years 250 - 325)

Jesus promised a wonderful future, where all those who had died would be returned to life in Paradise; and the Memorial Tombs of the world would be emptied. A world where the prophecy of eternal Eden would be fulfilled. For thousands of years, millions of people prayed to see that world come to pass.
But there have been billions of others, who prayed for entirely different ideas of Paradise.
Atxi believed wholeheartedly in her ancient gods, and is horrified to find herself in a Christian Paradise.
James was a Pirate, rejecting all authority as cruel and selfish; only to find himself in a world ruled by the most loving Authority of all.
Walter believed in nothing at all, and had no respect for the idea that there could be something greater than himself.
All three of them will have to face a New Heavens and a New Earth, and make a choice that could grant them Eternal Life... At the cost of something else.

The first two books were incredibly well received; but there were two main points of contention: First, some believed very strongly that money is not going to have any place in the New World. In my series, it was viewed as a necessity, but not anyone’s priority; for purposes of trade across a global brotherhood.

Secondly, there was some debate as to whether or not there would be ‘Undecided’ people. It was a plot point; as there was no specific direction on the subject, the position was based on some deductive reasoning.

These two points created some serious discussion among people I knew, and from that came some interesting viewpoints; which was the whole point of writing this series. But while there was some debate; there’s obviously no way to find out. The final word on each debate is: This is a fictional novelization of a place that’s certain to come eventually.

So after ‘agreeing to disagree’ with half a dozen people; I then proceeded to write an entire third novel around the most contentious points of discussion. As always, this is just a fictional viewpoint; and I can’t wait to find out the parts I got wrong.

Two or three chapters will be added each week, around this time. Four Chapters for Launch Day.

Kindle edition will be complete in a few weeks; paperback a bit after that; pending completion.

Part One: Resurrection

Chapter One: James

Chapter Two: Atxi

Chapter Three: Walter

Chapter Four: In The Beginning

I appreciate your creativity. And I’m in the camp that states that , at least for a time their simply must be some form of trade currency. At least until we reach total human perfection. If nothing else it will have to be a kind of Permission Note authorizing the bearer to obtain certain recourses due to geographical necessity. The organization has hinted at using land as the basis for valuation as was once done in ancient Israel.  

I moved the release day up, as I actually have an Assembly tomorrow.

I have to admit, I was nervous about releasing this one. This book goes in directions that the first two did not. See, in the first two books, the main character was Paradise itself, and that's a place we're eager to read about. The Undecided and opposed, much less so. As a result, I was nervous about people's opinions. You can imagine my surprise when the overwhelming majority, both here and in other places was 'I'll read it when I can buy it on Kindle'.

This was a surprise, but it made it clear what my audience was after. I've worked hard; and hurried the Complete Kindle Release up by a week or two.  That's right, everyone; it's now available on Kindle.

For those who aren't sure, or are not on Amazon, you can find The Undecided available here as a free download

I'll continue to put the chapters up free, a week at a time, of course. And the paperback version is still a ways off. Amazon is still not allowing third party shipments to Australia, which includes the Print On Demand service; so I need to set up my workaround. I'll get there; but this won't affect the digital versions at all.

Edited by Thomas Walker

4 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

This was a surprise, but it made it clear what my audience was after. I've worked hard; and hurried the Complete Kindle Release up by a week or two.  That's right, everyone; it's now available on Kindle.

It's okay.  I found it. :D 

My Kindle is connected to Amazon UK but it's not showing up on there. Is it available on Amazon AU as I can change my region is I have to or is it only available only on the US site?

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

25 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

My Kindle is connected to Amazon UK but it's not showing up on there. Is it available on Amazon AU as I can change my region is I have to or is it only available only on the US site?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L5V3994/

It's possible that the book hasn't filtered to all the International Stores yet. It only went up a few hours ago.

12 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L5V3994/

It's possible that the book hasn't filtered to all the International Stores yet. It only went up a few hours ago.

I have found it, bought it and downloaded it.  Thank you.  Very excited to read it. :heart:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

“Just… Thinking about how lucky we all are. I was so young when I died. I never thought I’d get to live and do anything at all . I know you’re not there yet; but I envy you, Atxi. The things you’ll see? You’re just at the start of the greatest story ever told.”

Those lines :crying:... Can't wait 

@Thomas Walker Your books are as good as your geography is bad... hahaha

New Paris with the Eiffel tower near Normandy (Paris is like 300 km away)... haha... and now, James dropping Atxi in Madrid? Hahaha. It's cute.

You are in Australia, so it's like... hmm... Sydney to "Dubbo", quite a walk for Hugh and Alec :D

7 hours ago, Dages said:

@Thomas Walker Your books are as good as your geography is bad... hahaha

New Paris with the Eiffel tower near Normandy (Paris is like 300 km away)... haha... and now, James dropping Atxi in Madrid? Hahaha. It's cute.

You are in Australia, so it's like... hmm... Sydney to "Dubbo", quite a walk for Hugh and Alec :D

Yeah, I know. I pick these names out of a hat when I first write them; because for the most part they aren't relevant. For all the places that don't line up; I've been counting on the idea of a post-A-Day world, and new transportation. James dropped her off, but he never said he took her the whole way. Paris, in the first book, is called 'New Paris', because all the old cities were left to themselves; and who's to say where they founded the new place?

... It's an excuse, but one that can be ret-conned into usable fact later. Know what I mean?

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I loved the first chapter. 

Should this be a Spoiler thread?

I've always considered jwtalk to be 'Spoilerland'

53 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:
6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've always considered jwtalk to be 'Spoilerland'

Ok, then I'll close my eyes until I read the book. 

Wait..

If my eyes are closed, how do I..?

Oh, nevermind, I'll just have to hurry..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D