JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1884 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Dove said:

Only need a service to use it as a phone. You can still use it for everything else, the internet, email, jw.org and jw.talks as long as you still have wi-fi..

Yup, exactly this. They also still work to dial 911 if you ever would need to use it for that. So an old cell phone for a person who doesn't have a working phone at all is good. 

Some months ago, my carrier had offered a nice incentive to turn in these phones, but I refused, already knowing that they would be hidden all over the place. 😊

8 hours ago, Dove said:

Only need a service to use it as a phone. You can still use it for everything else, the internet, email, jw.org and jw.talks as long as you still have wi-fi..

Basically, think of them as very small tablets...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

It dawned on me. Thanks to you folks. My iPad and my iPod are not heated up. And, when I’m at home, with my WiFi, I can do anything on it. So, out comes the old phones, still good, and I will get it set up. Plus, I will buy another solar charger. 

So, another adventure starts...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Like this?

(PS Also get a solar panel to charge the devices if you want total independence...) a349324564dd5143e889839a9f60367f.jpg

Just Older emoji856.png

Moses had a solar panel

Ex 34:29

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 2/2/2019 at 11:52 PM, TonyWenz said:

Like this?

(PS Also get a solar panel to charge the devices if you want total independence...) a349324564dd5143e889839a9f60367f.jpg

Just Older emoji856.png

I think I could hide under that tables my tablet, an old phone, 2 or 3 Sim cards...just în case. :whistling: :idea:   :lol1:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

1 hour ago, Margaret said:

Okay, before i tear my hair out , does anyone have a timeline that covers the annual meeting talks 

Um, we started with using old phones to stash with our site downloaded, updated, and solar charged! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe and maybe not 
My "gut", IMHO, there will an amazing reversal of fortune between God's people and ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) right before or shortly thereafter start of GT... Let's see how this develops...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So now we are waiting this ? ''But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him'' 
This only applies to to final attack on God's people... Exciting times!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 1/29/2019 at 5:01 AM, Shawn said:

One of the confusions is that the UN could be called a coalition of nations

The UN is empowered to turn on and destroy Babylon the Great, but Gog is the coalition who gets together to attack God's people after Babylon the Great has been dealt with previously. 

Brother Sanderson wasn't discussing The King of The South because this part of the prophecy, for today's powers (we know about history's previous incumbents), hasn't become obvious yet/emerged enough to be significant for us.

Britain is in a bit of a mess at present over Brexit and it's ruling parties have so much infighting, trolling each other and defecting from each of the parties - They are all weak with weak leaders that USA is despairing over Britain.EU officials are disagreeing with anything the UK brings to them to negotiate leaving the EU and native and  foreign industries are leaving the country because of it . Not exactly a great alliance for USA to work with at the moment. Maybe after the Brexit is over and maybe after another election, things may reorganise and Britain may start looking like an ally for a superpower again - If Britain is the only other part of this alliance. If a pro-Remain in EU Prime Minister gets in from the other parties at the next election and calls a second referendum and wins because it was a slim majority win for leavers last time - What if the EU then has a part with KOTS as well, to make it a more powerful alliance? Or if a new PM gets in that stays out of EU and forms better alliances with Commonwealth nations instead??

It's all a bit foggy at present as this country is a bit of a political flux, and much of it's military might has been drastically reduced due to austerity cuts. After launching an air-craft carrier without being able to afford  any air craft for it, some in Parliament are now suggesting saving money by converting old English Channel  car/truck ferries into warships. This has caused a lot of sarcastic laughter/satire at the thought of this. These big old monstrosities are notorious for rocking in heavy seas and trucks snapping their chains and crushing other vehicles and each other. Reporters asked us to imagine these lumbering old things chugging to the Soviet border. Opening their bow doors and discharging a heap of crushed scrap metal of tanks onto the Soviets. That would give them a laugh! 

We will have to wait to see how KOTS emerges from all this.

Also Russia  is allying more with China against Western interests as well. so could they be part of KOTN  too or just allies to it?

Edited by retroHelen