JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Brighton schoolboys to be told 'they can have periods' in new transgender guidelines "

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1952 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-18/school-boys-to-be-told-they-can-have-periods-in-new-transgender-guidelines/?fbclid=IwAR29Ee_O2MaPfOP6eXVx-0b28dBVsf3GFatkuMLhm7nHKtgsOd-2musVz6c

Schoolchildren will be taught that "all genders" can have periods in new sex education lessons, in a victory for transgender rights campaigners.

double-facepalm1.jpg

Is 28:8 For their tables are full of filthy vomit. There is no place without it. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-18/school-boys-to-be-told-they-can-have-periods-in-new-transgender-guidelines/?fbclid=IwAR29Ee_O2MaPfOP6eXVx-0b28dBVsf3GFatkuMLhm7nHKtgsOd-2musVz6c

Schoolchildren will be taught that "all genders" can have periods in new sex education lessons, in a victory for transgender rights campaigners.

double-facepalm1.jpg&key=b4f97d01a11954988f1f248ba1189f2df932ce3474a132d0e5add72036831a42

Not that I’ve researched the story much, but is it possible that they mean that kids who were born with female parts, but identify as boys, would still have periods and should have access to the necessary aids?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I feel bad for the youths of this generation.. They are supposed to be able to look to the adults for guidance but it seems the majority of the world's adults are not "mature" enough to even make choices for themselves.... People are only getting further from the truth...sigh...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

43 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Not that I’ve researched the story much, but is it possible that they mean that kids who were born with female parts, but identify as boys, would still have periods and should have access to the necessary aids?

That is part of it yes. But they are now using that as a movement to teach children that there is no such thing as "men and women" because "men" have periods too. Identity politcs and mental health conditions are now taking the position of normality, and that they are teaching that "trans boys" are biological boys who have periods. Aka, trans does not exist anymore. If you're a girl wanting to be a boy, it means you're a boy with periods, as opposed to being a boy in a girl's body.

They are literally taking the science of biology and turning upside down on its head by attaching nonsensical labels to what is basically either a masculine girl, or a girl with a mental condition which causes her to want a male body, and trying to "refine" what sex is to where they are bending science to their own will and agenda.

Edited by EccentricM

That is part of it yes. But they are now using that as a movement to teach children that there is no such thing as "men and women" because "men" have periods too. Identity politcs and mental health conditions are now taking the position of normality, and that they are teaching that "trans boys" are biological boys who have periods. Aka, trans does not exist anymore. If you're a girl wanting to be a boy, it means you're a boy with periods, as opposed to being a boy in a girl's body.

They are literally taking the science of biology and turning upside down on its head by attaching nonsensical labels to what is basically either a masculine girl, or a girl with a mental condition which causes her to want a male body, and trying to "refine" what sex is to where they are bending science to their own will and agenda.

There must be something either we misunderstand here, or the newspaper reporting this is? Are they saying that men have periods? How so, and how do they manifest? Or, are they simply saying that kids born as girls must be allowed to have their periods no matter what they identify as? I’m certain they aren’t arguing with biology, just saying that it isn’t everything. Aren’t we making more of this than what it really is?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

36 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

There must be something either we misunderstand here, or the newspaper reporting this is? Are they saying that men have periods? How so, and how do they manifest? Or, are they simply saying that kids born as girls must be allowed to have their periods no matter what they identify as? I’m certain they aren’t arguing with biology, just saying that it isn’t everything. Aren’t we making more of this than what it really is?

They are trying to redefine what "gender/sex" is, by saying it doesn't matter what body you're born in, if you think you're x or y, you're x or y, and because of that, it's no longer "trans", but rather, the mind defines what you are, not the body, and hence, some "boys" now have periods by that defintion. They are trying to normalise trans by removing all genders (what they call non-binary position) in association with the physical body, but having one's gender as "purely" a mental thing... so the "science" now in schools is... some boys have breasts... some girls have penises.. etc

Yes, it's insanity. But that is what the system is becoming.

Edited by EccentricM

They are trying to redfine what "gender/sex" is, by saying it doesn't matter what body you're born in, if you think you're x or y, you're x or y, and because of that, it's no longer "trans", but rather, the mind defines what you are, not the body, and hence, some "boys" now have periods by that defintion.

Yes, it's insanity. But that is what the system is becoming.

It’s a definition, I suppose. But, I didn’t see any of that in this article. Are you talking about the same case?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It’s a definition, I suppose. But, I didn’t see any of that in this article. Are you talking about the same case?

It's been a spreading topic. This case is but one of many in the wave of non-binary social movements. It's quite big. This article has been one of many and has been discussed on our local t.v news as well, that such reasonings are behind this movement and school changes across the country/world.

Edited by EccentricM

It's been a spreading topic. This case is but one of many in the wave of non-binary social movements. It's quite big. This article has been one of many and has been discussed on our local t.v news as well, that such reasonings are behind this movement and school changes across the country/world.

Well, I just feel these kids can live their lives as long as it doesn’t hurt me. And it really doesn’t. Just like people of other religions don’t.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Well, I just feel these kids can live their lives as long as it doesn’t hurt me. And it really doesn’t. Just like people of other religions don’t.

Well it's not just about personal beliefs anymore, but it has been harming children, as some have been going home crying, not knowing if they are a boy or girl, because the education system has been feeding this type of rubbish in their heads, and the other half can't tell the difference anymore between male and female because they are told they are the same thing. It's offensive now to point to a biological girl in a dress and call her a girl, because she might be a boy in her head, because she "chooses" (as opposed to an actual condition).

Stephanie Davies-Arai, from the campaign group Transgender Trend, told the newspaper: “This is deliberately misleading children about biological facts.

“The wider agenda here is the indoctrination of children into the belief that personal identity overrides biology, and we must ask why certain adults wish to confuse children by pretending that there is no distinction between the sexes.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/schoolboys-to-be-told-they-can-have-periods-too-council-say-a4018981.html

It's been creating mental health issues in young children, and "promoting" that all children should be trans or non-binary, that nobody is born a gender, but chooses one. It's poison to the youth and is breaking down all sense of reason. This is only the start of what is chaos, because they have even started talking about identifying as a different age if you feel it...  and so on.

If society caters to the mentally ill, or the insane, there will be no society left, but I suppose that's why Jehovah has to step in.

Edited by EccentricM

Well it's not just about personal beliefs anymore, but it has been harming children, as some have been going home crying, not knowing if they are a boy or girl, because the education system has been feeding this type of rubbish in their heads, and the other half can't tell the difference anymore between male and female because they are told they are the same thing. It's offensive now to point to a biological girl in a dress and call her a girl, because she might be a boy in her head, because she "chooses" (as opposed to an actual condition).

It's been creating mental health issues in young children, and "promoting" that all children should be trans or non-binary, that nobody is born a gender, but chooses one. It's poison to the youth and is breaking down all sense of reason. This is only the start of what is chaos, because they have even started talking about identifying as a different age if you feel it...  and so on.

If society caters to the mentally ill, or the insane, there will be no society left, but I suppose that's why Jehovah has to step in.

I’ve heard of kids who feel severely depressed because they feel they live with the wrong gender. I’ve never heard any kids being harmed because someone else says that they do. Usually, the problem is that they have no idea how to make the rest of the world understand, or not treat them like pariah because of it. I can only imagine how a kid must struggle to tell the world that they really feel like they live with the wrong gender. It’s like coming out as gay times 100, and I guess most just never dare, and bury it deep inside until they die. Can you imagine that suffering?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I’ve heard of kids who feel severely depressed because they feel they live with the wrong gender. I’ve never heard any kids being harmed because someone else says that they do. Usually, the problem is that they have no idea how to make the rest of the world understand, or not treat them like pariah because of it. I can only imagine how a kid must struggle to tell the world that they really feel like they live with the wrong gender. It’s like coming out as gay times 100, and I guess most just never dare, and bury it deep inside until they die. Can you imagine that suffering?

I have nothing against genuine cases. But this is not just about that, that's what I'm trying to say. I've known people, and had friends who feel they are in the wrong body and I feel for them, this is not what this is about, but something else that is very different. Trans people are a "part" of this movement, but it's much larger than that.

I’ve never heard any kids being harmed because someone else says that they do.

This here, it's actually been in our news for the last year or more... perhaps two now. That children are being mentally harmed by "being told" they are not boys or girls in school classes, and that there is no such thing. And thus has been creating problems for young children from ages 5-10, and putting the idea in their heads, where as before they were normal with no identity issues whatsoever.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3548962/Now-children-young-FOUR-asked-choose-gender-start-school.html

Edited by EccentricM

This here, it's actually been in our news for the last year or more... perhaps two now. That children are being mentally harmed by "being told" they are not boys or girls in school classes, and that there is no such thing. And thus has been creating problems for young children from ages 5-10, and putting the idea in their heads, where as before they were normal with no identity issues whatsoever.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3548962/Now-children-young-FOUR-asked-choose-gender-start-school.html

It is horrible to ask kids to chose their genders, as if it mattered much when you’re four. Of course, some do feel that they do not belong in their bodies, and might need words to talk about it. So it’s a fine line you need to thread. But also, as far as I could see this article did not present any cases where anybody has been harmed by the introduction of these ideas.

There was a case I the news here where a 10-year old kid who was born a girl, but identifies as a boy, wasn’t allowed to play football with the boys. Now, the kid looks like a boy, behaves like a boy, and plays football like a boy. But some adults decided that the kid couldn’t play with the boys. Instead of including the kid, they felt a need to ostracise and bully, and thereby making a tough life even tougher.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”