JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In the paradise... Will we have bandaids?

The Bible does say "time and unexpected events overtake them all" ....  So, maybe we trip and fall. Will the angels catch us? Will we live 'charmed' lives? Lets say we cut ourselves, will it heal instantly? Or what if we need stitches? Will we have first aid kits, maybe even nurses?

I guess we will hurt ourselves sometimes and will need bandaids and maybe iodine. For bigger wounds, we will need someone to sew the wound or a cast for broken bones. And surely some painkiller wouldn't hurt.

What leads me to that conclusion is that Jehovah created us with a lot of wonderful healing mechanisms: our blood coagulates and stops the bleeding, flesh grows again and closes the wound, broken bones repair themselves and white blood cells and antibodies fight infections. Why would Jehovah endow us with all those healing systems if we were never going to need them?

Jesus was a perfect man, yet when he was beaten it hurt and when cut he bled. He did not heal instantly or miraculously. When offered a painkilling drug while on the stake he refused it so that he could be in full control of his mind. That suggests that drugs have the same effect on perfect people as they have on us. And surely Jehovah created all those medicinal herbs and plants for a reason.

Our publications show people building houses in paradise using helmets and gloves and safety equipment. Of course that's just an artist's imagination, but why would we wear those safety clothes if no one could get hurt?

Think back.  Do not the scriptures say.  In the context of the new system.  No one will say.  I am sick.  So we have to accept that.  NO.  Medics will be history.  However we will probably still get our fingers burned etc if we touch some heatforce.  We trip over,oops!  perhaps a grazed knee.  We don't know.  If I may.  Yes perhaps we might have questions relating to the New System.  Who really knows all that Jehovah has in store for us.  Here and now.  Concentrate in getting your PRESENT lofe in order, so that come that day.  You pass through, leaving this sad world behind and finding yourself in......perhaps a strange new world???  Trust in Jehovah.

4 minutes ago, endurance said:

Think back.  Do not the scriptures say.  In the context of the new system.  No one will say.  I am sick.  So we have to accept that.  NO.  Medics will be history.  However we will probably still get our fingers burned etc if we touch some heatforce.  We trip over,oops!  perhaps a grazed knee.  We don't know.  If I may.  Yes perhaps we might have questions relating to the New System.  Who really knows all that Jehovah has in store for us.  Here and now.  Concentrate in getting your PRESENT lofe in order, so that come that day.  You pass through, leaving this sad world behind and finding yourself in......perhaps a strange new world???  Trust in Jehovah.

You are right about not being sick. But "sick" is a broad term. I don't think anyone will be sick with cancer or Parkinson or any other serious diseases in the new world. But we can still have a cut, a broken leg or a diarrhea if we eat something in bad condition. :)

I'm sure the last perfect man Jesus could have used a bandaid a few times when he was a kid or working with his dad, the earthly one...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Being perfect, maybe we will have the wisdom not to do stupid things. Example: as I get older my skin thins and when I prune roses sometimes I come in the house looking like I'd been in a knife fight.  A wise man might trade in his synthetic gloves for a pair of long leather gloves but i am only wise in my own eyes and do stupid things. Maybe in the new world our bodies will heal faster without saying instantaneously. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 hours ago, Tyrrha said:

Just sayin...  I mean, maybe we won't need surgeons or hospitals, but, if someone needs stitches, I'm not gonna do it!  😳

I'll do it. Not squeamish. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

A brother told my hubby that we can still die in the new world..

For example

If we do stupid things...

Or if we building a house and a rock falls on our head or if we go for a swim and drown...

I wonder how this will work seems weird 

1 hour ago, rocket said:

Being perfect, maybe we will have the wisdom not to do stupid things. Example: as I get older my skin thins and when I prune roses sometimes I come in the house looking like I'd been in a knife fight.  A wise man might trade in his synthetic gloves for a pair of long leather gloves but i am only wise in my own eyes and do stupid things. Maybe in the new world our bodies will heal faster without saying instantaneously. 

Yes!!

This is it ... we are only using a small part of our brain now ... when we use it more - well if you think of Jesus he was able to take in all his previous existance at his baptism ... our brains would be able to callibrate things more accurately and also as our relationship with Jehovah grows and strengthens ... we won't be tempted to do anything that may cause harm - sound boring? Nup. It sounds like there are layers to life we havent yet grasped.

I've decided I know what I want to do -Jehovah Willing - and that's to draw/paint the unseen world - ie: Seabeds, insects the microscopic world, and the planets. We'll need technology and know how to do all that ... so it will be balanced with what is in the new scrolls.

1 minute ago, Shannie said:

For example

Or if we building a house and a rock falls on our head or if we go for a swim and drown...

If we remain under the protection of Jehovah we will never die, there will be of course, death to those who prove unfaithful in the final test, and perhaps during the 1000 year reign if the ressurected ones or ones born in the New System don't accept the truth. In addition - those who survive the OS ... have to continue to have complete hearts towards Jehovah.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I was thinking about it takin Jesus as an example. He was a carpenter, but maybe with his perfect body he perfectly controled his muscles and every part of his body. so could be the same for us: pefect concentration in our jobs and perfect control of every part of our bodies. 

29 minutes ago, Shannie said:

For example

*** it-2 p. 604 Perfection ***
It must be remembered that perfection as it relates to humans is a relative perfection, limited to the human sphere. Though created perfect, Adam could not go beyond the limits assigned him by his Creator; he could not eat dirt, gravel, or wood without suffering ill effects; if he tried to breathe water instead of air, he would drown. 

1 hour ago, rocket said:

12 minutes ago, Donna said:

I was thinking about it takin Jesus as an example. He was a carpenter, but maybe with his perfect body he perfectly controled his muscles and every part of his body. so could be the same for us: pefect concentration in our jobs and perfect control of every part of our bodies. 

Wisdom...  Muscle control or concentration... These are learned or acquired abilities and nor something we are born with. 

Walking, eating with utensils, using hand tools, talking, whistling...  All need to be learned.  Take practice.  

9 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Walking, eating with utensils, using hand tools, talking, whistling...  All need to be learned.  Take practice.  

Like when my brother said he had measles when he was really learning to eat with a fork...:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Wisdom...  Muscle control or concentration... These are learned or acquired abilities and nor something we are born with. 

Yes, but with a perfect mind... we'll have the potential to do these things until perfection (I guess) We'll have all the eternity to learn or acquire abilities.

5 hours ago, Shannie said:

For example

Shannie, I think what that brother meant is that we won't be immortal. Jesus was perfect but he was not immortal. He died when fixed on a stake.

So if a perfect man doesn't eat he will starve to death. If he doesn't breathe he will suffocate. If a rock falls on him he will be crushed. Even being perfect we will still depend on Jehovah's care. Of course, or own common sense and Jehovah will make sure those bad things don't happen to us in paradise. :)

16 hours ago, Tyrrha said:

The Bible does say "time and unexpected events overtake them all" ....  So, maybe we trip and fall. Will the angels catch us? Will we live 'charmed' lives? Lets say we cut ourselves, will it heal instantly? Or what if we need stitches? Will we have first aid kits, maybe even nurses?

no will do like the old day's little duck tape and lot of downtime 

Edited by bobby

Bros/Sis.  I respect your comments but.  Are we perhaps missing the point.  Lets set up a chart.  OK.  Who knows, 20-whatsit might be the last year of this system.  So what might the start of the new system/order be known as?  We have had calenders as.  BCE.  AD  now what?  At the great day of Jehovah.  His name will be santified.  Satanwill at last be bound and locked away.  Now is the first day of a brand new era.  The divine schedule is.  For the next 1000 yrs.  Faithful ones who have passed through Armaggeddon now find themselves in a new land.  Perhaps a very strange land.  The Reverlation account can conjour up all manner of sights and scenes.  Hey! my house has gone.  Truthfully we don't know.  We trust in Jehovah.  Revelationgives us so much information. The dead. Rhe feast of the birds of heaven.  Rhen our priveledge part.  We being hands on.  Cleaning up, rebuilding and yes. Loving under your own shady tree.  Hey!  look whioe here.  This Valerie. Valerie an I were maried for 49 yrs....old time.  Great to have you back luv.

This raises another point.  Death ends the marital arrangement.  So why do many still love and cherish that relationship and long to welcome back their dead loved ones.

Bros/Sis.  Our present ordeal is to stand firm against satan.  To get through that great day.  Now trust in Jehovah.

23 hours ago, Shannie said:

For example

We will all come with a new reset button ....if we do something fatally stupid. A little flap beside the belly button...😎..

One of the 144,000 will come along... since they have life within themselves and hit the old button ... bam ..  good as new .😎

And then they will sit us down and have a  talk with us on safety protocols....

(Tongue firmly in cheek)......

Who knows what will take place ..all we know is that we will have everlasting life ... sort of hard to have that if we are dead.

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

...😎who knows what will take place ..all we know is that we will have every lasting life ... sort of hard to have that if we are dead.

i said "bandaids"... not coffins...  In other words, minor cuts and bruises....  thus, the need for some minor medical aid.

Edited by Tyrrha

2 hours ago, Tyrrha said:

i said "bandaids"... not coffins...  In other words, minor cuts and bruises....  thus, the need for some minor medical aid.

It follows the line of reasoning though .. if we are able to cut ourselves even if minor, then should we go against our perfect inclinations it will also result in death. Can't see Jehovah allowing one without the other ... so it will down to applying what we learn as we attain to perfection. But whether we have bandaids or not - is a question that can't really be answered until we are there.

6 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

But whether we have bandaids or not - is a question that can't really be answered until we are there.

I hope they are invisible or "nude" ...just in case...:eek: