JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vintage Advertisements

I came across this old advertisement for Chesdale Cheese from New Zealand.

This holds a special place in my heart because a friend of mine who has since passed away, wrote this ... he was an elder and a beautiful pianist he also worked for TVNZ, but more than that, he was a beautiful faithful servant of Jehovah. His wife and son/daughter-in-law are visiting our congregation at the moment ... the latter live in Tonga and Jehovah has given them so many blessings in the field.I really love this family they are a constant source of spiritual encouragement.

Enjoy the ad - it has a very 'kiwi' type of lifestyle conveyed

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I'm sorry Greg, square donuts do not do it for me.

John never had dunkin donuts. But look better than Gregs cardboard ones.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Regarding t.v. dinners, I ate more than a few of them when growing up, usually when the household budget was tight. Not much has changed though, they just call them frozen dinners and you cook them in the microwave. Oh yeah, they cost four times as much now! :uhhuh:

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

• 3 months later...

I never heard of that toy - and I was around in 1965

It looks like a "plumbers friend" (toilet plunger) with streamers fastened to it ... it looks like it would be about as much fun as  :wall:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...