JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US and North Korea negotiating location for second summit - Trump

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1929 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

US President Donald Trump has said that a location for another summit with North Korea is being negotiated.

Mr Trump told reporters in Washington DC that "a good dialogue" was taking place with North Korea, but sanctions on Pyongyang would remain in place.

Mr Trump met North Korean leader Kim Jong-un last June, the first such meeting for a sitting US president.

No tangible progress has been achieved so far on the main US goal: North Korea's denuclearisation.

President Trump said last week that he had received a "great letter" from Mr Kim, although he did not reveal its contents.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46776768

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Bek said:

Looks like Kim is very keen on ditching nukes. I think he understands that Trump means business with his invasion threats.

I think a lot of people will disagree with you. I doubt anyone really knows what Kim is thinking and what his plans are.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think a lot of people will disagree with you. I doubt anyone really knows what Kim is thinking and what his plans are.

Of course, nobody knows what his true agenda is, but judging by the reports out of N Korea, Kim is trying hard to set up meetings with Trump and S Korean leader to discuss "denuclearisation", which is unprecedented. I think Kim, Trump and Putin are very unpredictable leaders. 

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Could be as simple as economy, which is not doing welll at all.

North Korea’s economy contracted at the sharpest rate in two decades in 2017, according to estimates from South Korea’s central bank, in a clear sign international sanctions imposed to stop Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programmes have hit growth hard.Gross domestic product (GDP) in North Korea last year fell 3.5% from the previous year, marking the biggest contraction since a 6.5% drop in 1997 when the isolated nation was going through a devastating famine, the Bank of Korea said.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 hours ago, Bek said:

Looks like Kim is very keen on ditching nukes. I think he understands that Trump means business with his invasion threats.

I wonder if we have brothers in N Korea. 

Well in North Korea you have to worship Kim as a god like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had to for the King Nebuchadnezzar.

So if they were during 1950s they have all been executed for not doing so.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

On 1/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, Vasilis said:

Well in North Korea you have to worship Kim as a god like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had to for the King Nebuchadnezzar.

So if they were during 1950s they have all been executed for not doing so.

Only if they are known though, right?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

2 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

Only if they are known though, right?

You have to do it publicly. You can't be undercover. And the government keeps Christian churches built so it gives the impression to foreigns that everybody here enjoys religious freedom.

My uncle and my aunt worked at the bethel on South Korea and they said to them that we don't know if any brothers and sisters are in the North but we do know that alot of them left during the war.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓