JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The power of water

7 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

Water can cut metals...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cuttera372961454f9cf654d39a503fc80152c.jpg

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Wow, you'll have to be careful then with your waterjet...:D

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

They have been used for some time now - they keep things cooler than cutting with a blade and are extremely accurate 

Actually, a standard pressure washer can put water under your skin if you are not careful ... 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In working on the roof of the old Kingdome we used ultra-high water pressure at 40,000 to 66,000 pounds pressure. A mis-directed stream would cut right thru a boot severing the toes. Steel toe foot wear was a requirment. BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY featured our work in one of his shows. I made put his director in contact with a local company that usese water to mill titanium, as per the article above. 

A sidelight to the show, which I have never seen, was my two grandsons were wachting Bill NYE in New Hampshire and called out to my daughter "Mom come here, PAPA is on BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Bet that baby would get the plaque off your teeth. :D

Along with the enamel and your gums. :wacko:

That's actually what dentists do, they use water pressure on their scalers. At least here.

A few years ago, to try and remove to tartar behind my teeth, I would have a large glass of water by me every day for a long time, and I would sip some into my mouth and then use my tounge to push the water and air through my bottom front teeth but keeping my mouth shut, I;d do this for hours every day, and the pressure over time eventually shattered the hardened plaque behind my teeth and fell off. These days I use a home dental kit however, which is a sonic device and stone-like material to vibrate, scrape and shatter off the tartar.

Edited by EccentricM