JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Broadcasting, talking on getting married in the new system ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1815 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi friends !

A sister told us that a brother talked on the possibility for singles to get married in the new system in one of the talks of the last Gilead graduation broadcasting.

I don't remember it, but I have a poor memory. Do you remember if it is realy the case and in which talk?

Thanks for your help !

I'm not sure of what part you're talking about. But there's nothing in the scriptures to indicate otherwise. I would have thought getting married was a natural thing for some in the New System - the marriage arrangement was instituted in Eden prior to Adam and Eve sinning - so it seems logical to me. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

46 minutes ago, yedidia said:

Hi friends !

A sister told us that a brother talked on the possibility for singles to get married in the new system in one of the talks of the last Gilead graduation broadcasting.

I don't remember it, but I have a poor memory. Do you remember if it is realy the case and in which talk?

Thanks for your help !

I have seen nothing that precludes survivors getting married in the new system. The question of whether resurrected ones would have the same opportuniy is still out there, with most leaning toward it being likely.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

14 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I'm not sure of what part you're talking about.

Neither do I, unless I wouldn't have asked 😏 !

16 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

But there's nothing in the scriptures to indicate otherwise.

I do not need any comment on this subject, it has been treated sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo often in this forum !

So PLEASE, do not start a new discussion of this 😭 !!!!!

50 minutes ago, yedidia said:

Hi friends !

Thanks for your help !

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201812_9_VIDEO 

at 14 minutes and 35 seconds.

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

I have a friend that he told me that he remains single because in the New World wants to ask from Keren-happuch (Job 42:14,15) to marry him. That means to be insistent on your goals 😁

I have read the book of Job, but did not seem to remember Keren-happuch. She was said to be the most beautiful woman in all the land, which I presume to be Arabia. I have just looked up the meaning of Keren-happuch. It literally means a horn of eye paint common to North Africa, West, Central and South Asia. Happuch is used to enhance beauty, health and to ward off the evil eye. So it must have been a valuable thing. 

Sources: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keren-happuch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_(cosmetics)

I believe valuable eye paint was stored in a horn which must have looked like the vessel below: 

Kohl_Tube_LACMA_M.76.97.81.jpg

Edited by Bek

grammar

13 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr Hope, I am on your side.  Maybe someone was concerned that the gal might be 312 years old and the guy was only 40...?  I don't know....😀

If a single person waits a 1000 years to get married they are guaranteed a perfect mate...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If I can wait, I will wait.  When I heard brother Lett say that it really encouraged me.  I have been thinking about that (staying single) for a while and honestly being single is not that bad for me.  I know others have a harder time with being single, but I am fine for the most part.  

21 hours ago, ouzo said:

I have a friend that he told me that he remains single because in the New World wants to ask from Keren-happuch (Job 42:14,15) to marry him. That means to be insistent on your goals 😁

I hope he’s joking :lol:

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:53 AM, Brother Jack said:

I hope he’s joking :lol:

I suppose yes but even though he's the kind of person that you can't realize if he's joking or not. Anyway I wished him good luck and if he rejected by Job's daughter he can search in many other beautiful ressurected women that they are mentioned in Bible like Esther, Abigail, Bathsheba, Tamar, etc etc (of course he will have to face possible reactions of ex-husbands).

31 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I suppose yes but even though he's the kind of person that you can't realize if he's joking or not. Anyway I wished him good luck and if he rejected by Job's daughter he can search in many other beautiful ressurected women that they are mentioned in Bible like Esther, Abigail, Bathsheba, Tamar, etc etc (of course he will have to face possible reactions of ex-husbands).

I'll make a scenario. My friend Kostas* in New World is rejected by Keren-happuch but he finds the true love in Bathsheba. Bathsheba is thinking but finally she says the big YES! She wants to share her life for trillions cosmic years with Kostas. But after their wedding, David and Uriah are ressurected. Two elders immediately are visiting Uriah before he touch the Bible and learn the whole truth. Elders are trying to help him but Uriah needs explainations from Bathsheba. And he's going to find her... 

The same time David wanted to meet his old love, that for her sake commited grievous sins. So they are all meeting in the same place..---

*Some names have changed

Edited by ouzo