JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Church Want Their Money !

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1900 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 minutes ago, anniebea said:

I never knew this amount was thrown into the fountain daily.. 

I guess the church thinks that every penny,  or thousand counts!!

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1023099/

Where I work we have a small fountain that yields about $250 monthly

When I was studying and then notified the churches that I wanted my name off their membership rolls (yes, there were more than one), I received one reply. It was unbelievable! 

Their return letter said that when a member no longer pays their dues they're no longer a member anymore.

How's that for being money hungry? 

40 minutes ago, Luezette said:

When I was studying and then notified the churches that I wanted my name off their membership rolls (yes, there were more than one), I received one reply. It was unbelievable! 

Their return letter said that when a member no longer pays their dues they're no longer a member anymore.

How's that for being money hungry? 

So much for "life's water free".  That blows my mind.  At work, a coworker was at the time a pastors son(he quit to run the church), and he asked me how the congregation makes money seeing as we don't charge dues or have sponsored carnivals and fundraisers.  We threw a congregation picnic and when he found out that there were no fees, he almost went into seizures.

"However, Mayor of Rome Virginia Raggi now wants the money spent on the city's crumbling infrastructure instead."

Ah, what a dilemna!  Feed the poor or rescue the city's crumbling infrastructure?  Without a city, the poor would be stuck either way.  The church really is showing its greed. Surely it can give up something to ease the strain on the city and do as the Bible says, offset their need by "means of an equalizing" 2 Cor 8:14.

Let your Kingdom come, Jehovah, and sort these greedy ones out....

I know I've digressed a bit here, but just reading how bad the city is, even those coins in the fountain won't be making much of an impact.  The city's been too long ruled by corrupt and money-hungry politicians, and we know only Jehovah's kingdom will fix that.

One article sums it all up: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/03/rome-crumbles-raggi-salvini

“There is a lack of civic pride,” said Giovanna, who runs a bookstand in the Campo de’ Fiori area. “I see immaculately dressed people dropping rubbish, there is no respect any more.”