JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Happy verses...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1906 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello dear brothers and sisters... 

As part of our decision to  strengthen our family bond, we have decided to read ten verses daily from the Bible together. 

Since we both are having mild depressions, I decided to read only those scriptures that makes us feel pleasant. 

We started today with Gen 1 :1-10.

It was good. 

A small request. Kindly share any scriptures which brings happiness to us. 

Thank you. 

(PS 94:18, 19)

“. . .When I said: “My foot is slipping,” Your loyal love, O Jehovah, kept supporting me. 

When anxieties overwhelmed me, You comforted and soothed me.”

(RE 2:19)
“. . .I know your deeds, and your love and faith and ministry and endurance. . .”

(PHP 4:6, 7)

“. . .let your petitions be made known to God;  and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.”

(PS 32:8)
“. . .I will give you insight and instruct you in the way you should go. I will give you advice with my eye upon you.”

(PS 106:4, 5)
“. . .Remember me, O Jehovah, when you show favor toward your people. Take care of me with your acts of salvation,  So that I may enjoy the goodness you show your chosen ones. . .”

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

(Jeremiah 31:3) ....... “I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have drawn you to me with loyal love*. 

(the ftn of this verse reads: *have continued to show loyal love to you).

(Psalm 100:3) Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture.

(Psalm 34:18) Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 1 JOHN 4 - Love, Love, Love :crush:
  • MT 5 - Happy, Happy, Happy :)
  • 1 COR 13 - Love, Love, Love :crush:
  • PS 84 - Happy, Happy, Happy :)
  • PS 145 - Jehovah is Great!    

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

4 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

This are some beautiful scriptures.
Also Pls share with me some chapters Too where we will read continuously.

Thank you very much for your efforts.
Love you all.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Book of Psalms  u can read continuously. It is a long book.  I found most of the chapters give /contain encouragements, praises and motivations.  

Agape

“Place me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; because love is as strong as death is, insistence on exclusive devotion is as unyielding as Sheol is. Its blazings are the blazings of a fire, the flame of Jah [Jehovah]. Many waters themselves are not able to extinguish love, nor can rivers themselves wash it away. If a man [like Solomon] would give all the valuable things of his house for love, persons would positively despise them.” (Song of Sol. 8:6, 7)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1980286?q=seal+heart&p=par#h=14

My wife and I had an excerpt from vs. 6 (as well as love being a perfect bond of union - Colossians 3:14) on our wedding invitations in 1982!

Another wonderful example of enduring loyal love:

Ruth 1:16,17

But Ruth said: “Do not plead with me to abandon you, to turn back from accompanying you; for where you go I will go, and where you spend the night, I will spend the night. Your people will be my people, and your God my God.+ 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May Jehovah do so to me and add to it if anything but death should separate me from you.”

I understand how it feels to live a life of depression. To understand what others are going through, I can do my best to be like Jesus and empathize  with them and have fellow feeling.

1 Thess 5:14 On the other hand, we urge you, …. speak consolingly to those who are depressed, support the weak, be patient toward all 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Excellent verses. Also, this made me think of Philippians 4:8.....

8 things to consider. Every day, we can surely think of at least one thing we experienced, that is in this list...

Philippians 4:8.....

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

After last week's Wt study, I really like Habakkuk 3:18, especially what some scholars think it literally means:  “I will jump for joy in the Lord; I will spin round for delight in God.” I think that may have been J. Sidlow Baxter's 'Explore the Book.'

Then, Psalm 73:28: "But as for me, the drawing near to God is good for me."

Jer 29:11-14a: 

“‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.  12 And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.’ 13 “‘You will seek me and find me, for you will search for me with all your heart.  14 And I will let you find me,’ declares Jehovah. ‘...

Job 42:1, 2:

Then Job said in reply to Jehovah: 2 “Now I know that you are able to do all things and that nothing you have in mind to do is impossible for you...

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”