JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Previously, I had a "Daily Text" android app that "pushed" notifications to me.  In other words, I would have to read the day's text to eliminate the "persistent" notification on my phone.  This ensured that I never missed reading it.  Whereas, WOL requires me to remember to open up the app which sadly, I don't always remember to do.  

Due to recent instruction, the app I previously used is no longer available.  https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2018364&srcid=share 

Is anyone aware of a  program or feature (from any legitimate source) that would  automatically send me the text to me via android?  Or, maybe I'll have to set an alarm to remind me to go to WOL.  :idea:

Thanks all..

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, Musky said:

I have heard that this app does what you describe although, I haven't used it myself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andromo.dev351317.app378439&hl=en_US

Thanks Chuck, but herein lies the problem...  Based on the JW article above, these app's are not permitted to use any materials from JW publications unless, I am reading this wrong. 

"Others have used material from our publications or our jw.org logo in advertisements, on products offered for sale, and in mobile device apps. By securing copyright and trademark protection, we have a legal basis to prevent such misuse. (Prov. 27:12)"

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Looking at the description of the app, it appears to be a somewhat fancy "alarm clock" type app - it is not "using material from our publications" - it looks to be pointing or sending you to the text at jw.org ... something that is allowed.

Including a link to jw.org is not the same as displaying the information at that link.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Looking at the description of the app, it appears to be a somewhat fancy "alarm clock" type app - it is not "using material from our publications" - it looks to be pointing or sending you to the text at jw.org ... something that is allowed.

Including a link to jw.org is not the same as displaying the information at that link.

Thanks, that was a good catch John.  My last app contained the daily text, rather than linking to the website.  

As you mentioned, this app is a links directly to WOL so, it should be fine.  I downloaded it and it has a simple on/off notification option.  I'll be anxious to see how well it works.