JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

16 Books

We had a gathering this past weekend and one of the elders wives printed this out. She said a CO had handed it out at a pioneer meeting and gave everyone 5 min. I'll  post the answer in a few days hopefully I can manage to hide it for future viewers. Don't know if this has ever been posted before or not. Have fun! 

Can you find the names of 16 books from the Bible in the paragraph below without the aid of the Bible? There are no backward words, but some name involve more than one word. Happy hunting!

Once upon a time, a remark was made about trying to find the names of sixteen hidden books of the Bible in a worded paragraph. It was a lulu, kept some people looking so hard for facts. For others, it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But finally, the truth struck home to numbers of those searching. To others it was a real job. Finding them will be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. Many will quickly admit it usually takes one of Jehovah's Witness to find some of them, and there will be loud lamentations when they are found. One dear sister says she brews a cup of tea, so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now and enjoy this search for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

1 hour ago, CouveBro said:

Relax now and enjoy this search for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

Found it ...LOL :lol1:...in red.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Once upon a time, a re1)mark was made about trying to find the names of sixteen hidden books of the Bible in a worded paragraph. It was a lu2)lu, kept some people loo3)king so hard for f4)acts. For others, it was a 5)revelation. Some were in a 6)jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But finally, the t7)ruth struck home to 8)numbers of those searching. To others it was a real 9)job. Finding them will be a most fascinating few moments for you. Y10)es, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require 11)judges to help them. Many will quickly admit it usually takes one of Jehovah's Witness to find some of them, and there will be loud 12)lamentations when they are found. One dear sister says s13)he brews a cup of tea, so she can concentrate better. See how well you can com14)pete. Relax now and enjoy this search for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

I tried I only got 14 :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

8 hours ago, rlyem said:

I figured this might be something already posted but hey it was 8 years ago. LOL 

Now 30 in a paragraph. Woo Hoo...I'm going to have to give that one a shot and pass it along to others.  

14 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Once upon a time, a remark was made about trying to find the names of sixteen hidden books of the Bible in a worded paragraph. It was a lulu, kept some people looking so hard for facts. For others, it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But finally, the truth struck home to numbers of those searching. To others it was a real job. Finding them will be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. Many will quickly admit it usually takes one of Jehovah's Witness to find some of them, and there will be loud lamentations when they are found. One dear sister says she brews a cup of tea, so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now and enjoy this search for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

I made it to 15 ... guess I'm slipping :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I only see one more "almost" name ... if the sentence was worded slightly different -

If the sentence, "But finally, the truth struck home to numbers of those searching. " said, "But finally, the truth struck home to numbers of those a searching. ", it would include three Bible books: "But finally, the truth struck home to numbers of those a searching."

But, that is not what it says ...

I think it is time for Jay to give us Bible book #16

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~