JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Daniel Fast Diet

I overheard on the news or radio the other day that some celebrity had be partaking in the "Daniel Fast Diet".

What is it? From what I understand is, its a bible-based diet - from the account of Daniel (Chapter 1, and also 10:3 for examples). I won't cite any external references, and please I do urge you caution if you do so - if it's Bible based then there is of course change that false-religion is involved in external websites.

This begs the question, for me anyway, what would a true "diet" based on Daniel's account actually look like or include/not include?

4 hours ago, Alsadan47 said:

This begs the question, for me anyway, what would a true "diet" based on Daniel's account actually look like or include/not include?

I think Babylonian donuts were excluded in his diet..:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Alsadan47 said:

The list of foods to avoid looks a lot like my current diet.... 🤣

I posted the chart and then tried to do an update  but it timed out.  So I want to add the following info:

NOTE: Dr. Axe says stay away from "Gluten Containing Grains" as they are not like they were in the Bible days (they are now made in the lab) meaning they have been altered from the way Jehovah made them.  The chemicals currently being used in the foods we used to eat with no problems are now wreaking havoc on our bodies (research "gmo foods").

I've never had any issues with food or allergies.  However, since 2015 I have struggled with eating food and digestive issues.  It had gotten to a point where I could hardly eat anything.  The final straw was when I could hardly walk. After a lot of research I figured out it was gluten/wheat and sugar causing my issues.  While I wasn't trying to be on a plant based diet or eat similar to the Daniel Diet I found it worked for my body.  I also take a few herbal supplements  (vitamins, minerals, things for stress etc.) when I remember :).

Even though I know how to eat for my health it's still a struggle.  I seem to fall off the bandwagon for a while when I go to conventions and eat out because I have no way to prepare the foods I normally eat.  It seems most the foods (packaged foods restaurants buy to prepare their meals) now have chemicals that force us to want the bad stuff.  So, the vicious cycle of having cravings for the bad foods start up again and it takes me weeks/months to get back on track.  So, if you have ever struggled with trying to eat right, stay on a diet, etc. just know it's not your fault.  

Last time I went to the Dr. (about 3 years ago) he said to me "you are in your 50's and not on any medications I guess you don't need me".  He seemed at a loss and disappointed as he stared at my chart. 😮.  I thought the purpose of going to the doctor was to keep me healthy?  He didn't seem to think so. 🤕

Finally, Dr. Axe has a video that can be found on youtube just search for Dr. axe Daniel Diet.  He does referencing incorporating  worship into your day but doesn't go into detail about a particular religion.

Daniel-Fast-Diet.jpg

Edited by lovjahupepl

• 4 months later...

Nice chart. However, for me, avoiding bread altogether is not an option. I agree that commercial bread is not so healthy with all those chemicals and food additives.  But there is nothing like baking one's own bread using organic ingredients.  It's simply the best when it is hot and fresh out of the oven.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is lion meat on the menu..?

Not even a turtle soup..:facepalmpo2:

And I am not joking .... Ancient Babylonian cuisine was rich and varied, including meat from cows, sheep, goats, pig, deer and fowl, as well as eggs, fish, shellfish and even turtles. ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Nice chart. However, for me, avoiding bread altogether is not an option. I agree that commercial bread is not so healthy with all those chemicals and food additives.  But there is nothing like baking one's own bread using organic ingredients.  It's simply the best when it is hot and fresh out of the oven.

Did you know that during WWI rationing in England, you could not sell fresh bread, but only day old , or people would eat too much of it? Saved money and food, I guess.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/first-world-war/home-front-stories/the-fresh-bread-ban/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”