JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Google Shutting Things Down?

I received this email from the powers that be of Google. anyone else?

So no more Gmail account? Not that I use it much.

Indidn5bhear anything about this till just now.

So sounds like no more Gmail account 7CC365FB-3413-4D0E-8A59-583FF48101E2.thumb.jpeg.21a238255e3f72f3af25089a40c616e9.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

3 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I received this email from the powers that be of Google. anyone else?

So no more Gmail account? Not that I use it much.

Indidn5bhear anything about this till just now.

So sounds like no more Gmail account 7CC365FB-3413-4D0E-8A59-583FF48101E2.thumb.jpeg.21a238255e3f72f3af25089a40c616e9.jpeg

Google + account is a separate section of Google.  Shouldn't affect Chrome or your other Google accounts.

I never used Google+ so its closing down will not be a big deal to me. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

They decided to shut down Google+ early because it has been prone to a few data breaches over the past couple years. It was supposed to be the new and improved Facebook. It never quite got there but was really fun in the beta testing. 

Actually I don’t think I ever heard of google+. 

O well, I don’t even use their search engine. Their too nosey.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fairly sure, and as I often say... Don't quote me on this... but I remember reading that they have had data leaks or bugs regarding data security a lot with Google +.

A novel idea, but sometimes it's best to just focus more on what they're good at. Google has been in court a lot lately too, so it makes sense for them to be pooling resources towards that rather than a failing social networking venture.

• 2 weeks later...