JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

German New-World-Translation (Revised 2018)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1901 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Our sister @Astrid shared a picture of her new "Die Bibel" :) I like how it is simply called "The Bible". 

I moved this topic to the Worldwide Brotherhood forum - since the release of the German NWT is public information.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Our sister [mention=187]Astrid[/mention] shared a picture of her new "Die Bibel"  I like how it is simply called "The Bible". 

I moved this topic to the Worldwide Brotherhood forum - since the release of the German NWT is public information.
Thank you for moving!

Yes, especially if you preach in a multicultural area where you have many ideas about "holy scriptures". "The Bible" is more clearly related to the Christian faith and much more common in language use.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1012 mit Tapatalk

One of the major goals of the English revision - and by extension all language revisions - was to update the language to be more modern, making the text easily understandable. Do you find this to be the case comparing the Revised NWT with the original German NWT?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 minute ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

One of the major goals of the English revision - and by extension all language revisions - was to update the language to be more modern, making the text easily understandable. Do you find this to be the case comparing the Revised NWT with the original German NWT?

There are bible texts that are different from NWT English to our NWT Tagalog, they are awesome and cool :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

39 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Absolutely! I'm really enjoying reading the revised version, I started with psalms and it's amazing how deep the words are and how easy to understand at the same time. Such a difference to the old version. 

It was so worth the wait. 😍

For example Luke 22:20:
Rev.1986: "Dieser Becher bedeutet den neuen Bund kraft meines Blutes"

Rev.2018: „Dieser Becher steht für den neuen Bund, der durch mein Blut in Kraft tritt"

Today, the preposition "kraft" (uncapitalized, means "virtue") is almost only used in the officialese, for example:
"kraft meines Amtes erkläre ich euch zu Mann und Frau"
or for fun:
"kraft meiner Wassersuppe"

The word is often confused with the noun "Kraft" (capitalized, means "force, power").

Such examples may explain why the new translation has so many additional pages than the old one

19 minutes ago, KingDavid said:

The word is often confused with the noun "Kraft" (capitalized, means "force, power").

That would be good reason to find another way to word something. Jesus didn't say "by the power of my blood" <-- which, lol, makes me think of this.

According to Google Translate....

Rev.1986: "Dieser Becher bedeutet den neuen Bund kraft meines Blutes" = This cup means the new covenant of my blood

Rev.2018: „Dieser Becher steht für den neuen Bund, der durch mein Blut in Kraft tritt" = This mug represents the new covenant that comes into effect through my blood

That would be good reason to find another way to word something. Jesus didn't say "by the power of my blood"

According to Google Translate....

Rev.1986: "Dieser Becher bedeutet den neuen Bund kraft meines Blutes" = This cup means the new covenant of my blood

Rev.2018: „Dieser Becher steht für den neuen Bund, der durch mein Blut in Kraft tritt" = This mug represents the new covenant that comes into effect through my blood

Right, Jesus did not mean "Kraft" (Power), but "kraft" (virtue)

[mention=3]Dismal_Bliss[/mention] Argh! Google Translate....how it has got me saying strange things at the meetings!

Try this one: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator#de/en/Dieser Becher steht für den neuen Bund%2C der durch mein Blut in Kraft tritt
DeepL is far ahead of Google. I'm curious when they will be bought

Solution: Incorrect display of Bible texts in the JW Library App (new German Bible)
A little help for our German brothers.

Problem :

Ich habe die neue Bibel meiner JW Library-App hinzugefügt.
Allerdings werden die Bibeltexte aus dem Arbeitsheft und anderen
Veröffentlichungen immer noch aus der Studienbibel (Rbi8)
angezeigt.

Fakt:
Ich habe unter "Sprachen" nachgeschaut und die neue Ausgabe steht ganz oben.
(Andernfalls nochmal hinzufügen).

Problemlösung: Die interne Sortierung muss geändert werden.

Öffne das Arbeitsheft unter Zusammenkünfte.
Öffne die Bibellesung dieser Woche. (Römer 1-3)
Gehe ganz nach unten.
Klicke/Drücke :  "Anpassen"
Füge die NWT2018 (Neue-Welt-Übersetzung) oben hinzu.(Grünes Plus)

Sortiere die Reihenfolge neu, indem du rechts auf die 3 Striche drückst
und die Bibeln verschiebst oder du entfernst mit Minus alle anderen Bibeln
und  fügst sie mit Plus in richtiger Reihenfolge wieder ein.
Die neue Deutsche Neue-Welt-Übersetzung sollte jetzt oben stehen.

Drücke: "Fertig" (Android)

Bereits jetzt sollte die Bibellesung in der richtigen Bibel angezeigt werden.

[mention=5599]The German[/mention] did your bookmarks and notes transfer to the 2018 RNWT? Mine didn’t...

I installed the German bible on JW Library (iOS), and all the bookmarks and notes transferred fine.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, The German said:

Solution: Incorrect display of Bible texts in the JW Library App (new German Bible)
A little help for our German brothers.

Problem :

Ich habe die neue Bibel meiner JW Library-App hinzugefügt.
Allerdings werden die Bibeltexte aus dem Arbeitsheft und anderen
Veröffentlichungen immer noch aus der Studienbibel (Rbi8)
angezeigt.

Fakt:
Ich habe unter "Sprachen" nachgeschaut und die neue Ausgabe steht ganz oben.
(Andernfalls nochmal hinzufügen).

Problemlösung: Die interne Sortierung muss geändert werden.

Öffne das Arbeitsheft unter Zusammenkünfte.
Öffne die Bibellesung dieser Woche. (Römer 1-3)
Gehe ganz nach unten.
Klicke/Drücke :  "Anpassen"
Füge die NWT2018 (Neue-Welt-Übersetzung) oben hinzu.(Grünes Plus)

Sortiere die Reihenfolge neu, indem du rechts auf die 3 Striche drückst
und die Bibeln verschiebst oder du entfernst mit Minus alle anderen Bibeln
und  fügst sie mit Plus in richtiger Reihenfolge wieder ein.
Die neue Deutsche Neue-Welt-Übersetzung sollte jetzt oben stehen.

Drücke: "Fertig" (Android)

Bereits jetzt sollte die Bibellesung in der richtigen Bibel angezeigt werden.

Hallo Manfred,

ich kan auf meinem Android Tablet weder bei den Bibel Sprachen die revidierte Ausgabe finden, noch wenn ich nach deiner
"Problemlösung" vorgehe.

Schade, heute Abend beginnt unsere Dienstwoche, und ich hätte gerne die neue Ausgabe digital genutzt...

10 minutes ago, fibrecat said:

Hallo Manfred,

ich kan auf meinem Android Tablet weder bei den Bibel Sprachen die revidierte Ausgabe finden, noch wenn ich nach deiner
"Problemlösung" vorgehe.

Schade, heute Abend beginnt unsere Dienstwoche, und ich hätte gerne die neue Ausgabe digital genutzt...

Alles zurück, seit 2 Minuten auch bei mir vorhanden... 😃