JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Court Convicts Danish Jehovah’s Witness to 6 Years for 'Extremism'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1813 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Probably nothing. It's just the European Union objecting to what happened.  They are saying he should be released but that doesn't mean that he will be released. 

I’ve been wondering if there’s any possibility for him to be transferred to Denmark?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Ah, well -- I haven't experienced any problems with that process.  How else will I see what's in the news??

The link is an opinion piece about the implications of the conviction of Bro Christensen.  It's very good.

Edited by Hope

Russia seems to have made an announcement. I'm still reading through the things I have just received. 

http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=14936

Please find a picture of the first page

Mac 🤠

Screenshot_20190208-044406.png

Edited by Mac_Tky

Picture

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

Ah, well -- I haven't experienced any problems with that process.  How else will I see what's in the news??

The link is an opinion piece about the implications of the conviction of Bro Christensen.  It's very good.

There is a widespread problem with people clicking on and spreading random links on social media. You don’t get your news that way.
Russia seems to have made an announcement. I'm still reading through the things I have just received. 

http://www.interfax-religion.com/print.php?act=news&id=14936

Please find a picture of the first page

Mac
Screenshot_20190208-044406.thumb.png.ff12498be6e0473b076ade6bb3d25590.png

I’d like to action, not talk.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Please note I have followed through on links on the Russian Pressedental website for a complete explanation as to what is happening at the Russian level.

(My thoughts: It starts with dialogue, hopefully it ends with the freedom of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. If Jehovah wants it, it will be done ) 

Here is the link. 

http://www.president-sovet.ru/presscenter/publications/read/6051/

Mac 🤠

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

9 hours ago, Hope said:

Thanks for the link Sister Hope. I found this article most informative. Well worth clicking on to read.... 😁

It appears as the article points out the Russia has met a critical point. 🤔

This is a fact they are now facing. 

Hopefully their dialogue will lead to action and quick.

I am hopefully guessing that Brother Christensen's appeal will be successful. 

Thanks again @Hope for posting the link. 

Mac 🤠

29 minutes ago, Mac_Tky said:

Russian Presedental 

Sorry, I can't correct my typo above, so I did it here. 😏

(I didn't want to quote the complete article, but wanted to correct my typo)

Mac 🤠

Apparently the last link I posted was in Russian language. If you use Chrome you can simply translate it into English. 

As my phone has the translator working always, I naturally read stuff in English. I didn't notice it was in Russian. 

BTW just heard from a friend that the Russian federation is going to make an announcement regarding Jehovah's Witnesses today. Hopefully one of us gets it. 

7 hours ago, Thesauron said:

There is a widespread problem with people clicking on and spreading random links on social media. You don’t get your news that way.
I’d like to action, not talk.

I do get my news that way. I rarely watch television news anymore, I click links from news sites. I often come across those links on social media. 

I do get my news that way. I rarely watch television news anymore, I click links from news sites. I often come across those links on social media. 

I get that HTML is based upon hotlinks, but don’t misunderstand me. Random links posted on social media without any explanation - I do not click on them but ask what they are for first. So, no, I do not get my news by clicking on random links on social media. It might be something posted from your computer without you intending to do it. So a brief explanation helps.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, stuarteyre said:

Anybody else noticed that the sentencing story has been removed from our website??

Maybe there has been a development?

Thats interesting, however its still on the jw-russia site.

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19020612-593.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, stuarteyre said:

Anybody else noticed that the sentencing story has been removed from our website??

It was under breaking news before. It’s no longer breaking news. Perhaps that’s why it’s not listed. 

4 hours ago, stuarteyre said:

Not necessarily any new developments. It's usually like that. A "Breaking News" story will only stay there for a few days, as Mike notes:

32 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

It was under breaking news before. It’s no longer breaking news. Perhaps that’s why it’s not listed. 

Give it a bit of time, and it will show up again in the regular News section.

It's there today. I wanted to use it as a point of my family worship yesterday. I went to. The jw-russia.org site. I don't know what's going on. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Update:

https://jw-russia.org/en/index.html

The UN is denouncing the verdict and other news...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D