JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia Unplugging From Internet

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1578 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Russia wants to set up its own firewall similar to that of China. In my view, there are at least two reasons for this.

First, the government wants to control and censor the traffic.

Second, it wants to defend itself from cyber attacks from its rivals. 

If it succeeds in doing that, its smaller allies will also try to do the same. 

Edited by Bek

21 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

It’s in relation to the test ...title suggests something more permanent 

So a little of the context would be beneficial in this case 

Dear Brother, I would have put more context in, but I was on another site in here, and a brother got a warning about adding context due to copy right laws.  So I didn't do it.  Am sorry. 

There is a difference in quoting extensive portions of an article and discussing the part(s) you find interesting - especially if you use your own words

There should be no warnings if you simply explain, in your own words, the reason for the article you posted a link to.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Dear Brother, I would have put more context in, but I was on another site in here, and a brother got a warning about adding context due to copy right laws.  So I didn't do it.  Am sorry. 

All good :hugs:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, My little flower said:

I seriously fear for our brothers and sisters over there

I would feel the same way if I didn't know that Jehovah himself was watching over them.  Russia can try to take away our brotherhood, our connection to jw.org and even our connection to each other individually (as they have done with Br. Christensen and Aluskin and others) but it is impossible for them to sever their connection with their Father, Jehovah.  If you only had one "phone call" to make - wouldn't that be the one?  Yet, they can call on Jehovah anytime, day or night, no matter where they are. They couldn't be in better hands. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Moderators, 

I searched - but may have missed if this has been posted, please delete!

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/23/790173649/north-korea-promises-a-christmas-surprise-here-are-the-options

North Korea doesn't really do Christmas cards, but if it did, its card would probably have a picture of the nation's leader, Kim Jong Un, riding a white horse through a snowy wilderness. In fact, North Korean state media released those exact images this month, and the message was clear: Kim, frustrated with how things were going, was pondering a new direction.

"The idea is that he was making this journey to commune with the universe in order to settle on his course," says Jeffrey Lewis, a professor at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies, who tracks North Korea.

Kim is tired of two years of failed diplomacy with the U.S. and South Korea. North Korea wants sanctions relief. But the U.S. has refused to budge unless the North gives up its entire nuclear arsenal — something it's not willing to do.

Edited by TiaCyre

Did you see the recent video about how easy and low cost it is for the brothers in remote areas like parts of Africa to play the items from JW Broadcasting and website via downloading from satellite. There is no fear of our brothers spiritual food being cut off from Jehovahs organisation.