JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Good News Brochure videos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1886 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I do wonder how much it costs the branch for us comfortably use the streaming services as we have been. I mean, we're talking about streaming: 1) tv.jw.org, 2) stream.jw.org, 3) streaming JW Library: 3a) Streaming the bible reading, 3b) Streaming the publications reading.  

That's a lot of streaming.

It is, but still less than producing physical copies and distributing them. Of course, if you can download the material once and then use it on your device, that’s great.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, leoperales said:

I do wonder how much it costs the branch for us comfortably use the streaming services as we have been. I mean, we're talking about streaming: 1) tv.jw.org, 2) stream.jw.org, 3) streaming JW Library: 3a) Streaming the bible reading, 3b) Streaming the publications reading.  

For convenience, and also with costs in mind, I have all available rNWT audio and audio for other publications stored in Documents by Readdle app on my iPad.

Also videos from JW Broadcasting.

From my iPad I Airdrop to my iPhone and to Emma’s iPad.

It’s also nice to have a video playing on one side of the screen in Documents app while having full access to JW Library on the other.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, leoperales said:

And some congregations were streaming videos at the midweek meeting programs.

Does the JW app do a backup? I hate to lose my notes from the brochure if I have to delete it and then reinstall it in order to get the videos. 
Yes. The app does do a backup. While you may not lose your notes reinstalling a publication, it might be good 'housekeeping' to backup if you lose or upgrade your device.
Look under the 'Personal Study' (Gem ) section. 1a8f1cd854263a291416f2dafb724caf.jpg

Just Older