JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How long do you sleep?

A little more framing of this question would help.

During my active working years 5 to 6 hours. Now days at 80 years, 9 to 10  hours works best, any less and I suffer the next day. 12 Hours is like being on vacation.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

46 minutes ago, Old said:

A little more framing of this question would help.

During my active working years 5 to 6 hours. Now days at 80 years, 9 to 10  hours works best, any less and I suffer the next day. 12 Hours is like being on vacation.

I wish at our age we didn’t need to sleep half our life away..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

From the time I was in my teens I did best with about 5 hours a night.

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and need to use a CPAP. I need to sleep at least 4 hours per night with the mask on for my insurance to continue to pay for the machine. Some nights this just is not the case. Other nights I sleep for nearly 7 hours.

If I sleep too long every night I will not only feel groggy, I will be back aches.

My wife, on the other hand, is a full 8 hour a night sleeper and always has been. If she does not get her 8 hours she does not function as well. The only problem is, she tends to drop off around 8 PM if it is not meeting night and she is up at 4 AM.

I usually do not get to sleep until after midnight.

Please explain how or why the sleeping needs/habits of the rest of us gives you a "source of encouragement" :shrugs: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Old said:

During my active working years 5 to 6 hours. Now days at 80 years, 9 to 10  hours works best, any less and I suffer the next day

I'm about the same..

When working I could get by with 4hrs but I felt it, 5 or 5.5 was enough.

Nowadays it's gotta be 6-8 , or more.  Too much and I'm pretty sluggish the next day...

1 hour ago, ivy said:

Encourage us to sleep earlier if you tend to delay? Encourage us to know others also have sleep problem and how they cope? 

That's so true, how sad it is if your sleep ruins your day because you didn't make it to your ministry :(

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

9 hours ago, ivy said:

I'm not sure if it's encouraging:

I would like to sleep for more than 8 hours, but I couldn't close my eyes, I'm afraid I slept less than 4 hours last night... :eek:

Just a few thoughts ...  Try limiting caffeine to the morning only.  Drink plenty of water through the day and  camomile tea in the evening. Don't use the computer late in the evening either.

They always say it's best to go to bed at about the same time every night for the sake of your body clock.

Edited by Naturale

1 hour ago, Naturale said:

Just a few thoughts ...  Try limiting caffeine to the morning only.  Drink plenty of water through the day and  camomile tea in the evening. Don't use the computer late in the evening either.

They always say it's best to go to bed at about the same time every night for the sake of your body clock.

For our sakes, thank you :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)