JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What will you do with money?

So almost 8 billions?

Would get a little house, keep a amount sufficient in the bank to live without needing to work for decades so I can pioneer until the end, do the same for my family (parents, siblings),

then donate the remaining 7.99 billions to jw.org :D

Edited by Dages

1 hour ago, rlyem said:

Imagine you have receive a dollar from each individual living in this earth, what will you do? :)

Is it Tax free? :whistling:

I would buy 8 billion donuts with jw.org engraved on them, and distribute them for free to all inhabitants on earth ... LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Many things I could do with, but I probably SHOULD just spend it all in preaching where the need is highest. Irrelevant if that means I stay in my current congregation, or any other congregation in Greece or if I have to learn a new language and preach abroad. I would just not spend any time working for money and all this free time I have preaching or studying. The organization would not need to give me any money for it, quite the opposite, I would need to spend every single dollar in my bank account to the organization before I die or the GT comes, whatever comes first.

But because this is a very generic answer. I will try to come up with an answer with the rule that I stay in my current congregation and continue working just like now.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

Same as @Dages really.

Put enough in the bank to live off the interest forever (in this system), to keep a consistency, have my own home fully paid for, do the same for family, friends, other members in the congregation in need. Then the rest would go to the organisation in donations, as well as other charitable causes (where I'd know it was going toward a good cause and not redirected somewhere).

I'd love to just walk by a homeless person and put a cheque for £100,000 in his bed (or hat or whatever) when he wasn't looking, and have him never know who did it and watch from some corner, lol.

Edited by EccentricM

Finish building the house we’ve been working on for 30 years. Put a little of it away. 

And give the majority of it to you name it. I’d start with Jehovah’s organization. Look for any local needs in the congregation. Then, figure out how much I could get by sending to Venezuela. 

Maybe really discreetly to see if any of my three kids had a desperate need. ( they all are good at taking care of themselves, and their families) As they should be. 

Not much would change in my life. We are not well set, financially, but try to make the best of what little we do have. And we go without nothing we need. 

My idea of being comfortable, financially, have enough to live on, and enough to share. That, we do.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

14 hours ago, rlyem said:

Imagine you have receive a dollar from each individual living in this earth, what will you do? :)

Good question. I think we should find out.

My address is.....:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would give all but 3 million to the society, buy a few houses for family members and live off the last 2 million in a very frugal way. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 minutes ago, tuntun said:

i hope you're not talking about zimbabwe dollar since it's almost worthless

No I have us dollar in mind when I post it but UK pound/euro may be applied as well :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

2 hours ago, Doug said:

I've 'only' been working on my house for 26 years .  .

You made my day today  😉

Oh, I imagine we have stories to tell. Our mistake was building it as we lived in it! It’s quite comfy, but, um, some of the details...missing!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!