JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Torture of JWs in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1787 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Bullying innocent people i wonder how i would deal with this in the united states.....when i was younger i used to say you are going to tortue me im fighting back you going to just have to kill me.....but i know Jehovah is with them and He will not forget what they are doing for His name . I hope if it comes my way i will be just as courageous.

Victoria, my dear, precious sister. Don’t give thought to this. Pray for them, as we pray for you. Satan would like nothing more then to frighten and intimidate us.

This is a fact. Jehovah is with you dear ones. He is fully aware, and he will take care of it in a proper way. Concentrate on the blessings you have been promised. 

I did read this, but, with so much of the news today, I see headlines, and move on. I don’t want deatails. But, these are my brothers and sister. And I need to be aware, so I can pray for them, and you, too. 

We will pray for you to have strength and integrity. 

Concentrate on the good promises Jehovah has given us. Not one has failed to come true. Not one.❤️❤️❤️

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

For those who are still free from persecution, we need to remember that what we fear is often much worse and more disabling than what is or will be. (1 John 4:18) "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love."

Jehovah will give his spirit to all such faithful brothers and sisters so that they may endure with integrity, peace and joy.

(Romans 8:35-37) Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 Just as it is written: “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we have been accounted as sheep for slaughtering.” 37 On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through the one who loved us.
(Romans 5:3-5) Not only that, but let us rejoice while in tribulations, since we know that tribulation produces endurance; 4 endurance, in turn, an approved condition; the approved condition, in turn, hope, 5 and the hope does not lead to disappointment; because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy spirit, which was given to us.
(1 Peter 4:12-14) Beloved ones, do not be surprised about the fiery trials that you are experiencing, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 On the contrary, go on rejoicing over the extent to which you are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, so that you may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory. 14 If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, yes, the spirit of God, is resting upon you.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Victoria said:

No ordinary humans are able to endure this sister.. May Jehovah's holy spirit be with you all.. 

I feel so sad that you're going to experience these. I am speechless... But you have the special privilege to be on Jehovah's side... tribulations  are temporary compare to eternity ..  

Agape. .. We love you there in Russia.. 

On 2/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Victoria said:

From my buddy in New York to whom I sent this link...

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19021923-622.html

... tonight was his mid-week mtg:

Thanks again. I just read the first sentence and I heard friends gasping and demonstrating displeasure and empathy for our brothers. Young teenage servant came up to me and said, "I looked but I didn't see it on jw.org news." When I told him the website he said, "are you sure that that's our website?" Then when I showed it to him he said, "whoa I never knew about this. that's cool"

On 2/19/2019 at 11:16 PM, Tbs77 said:

From my buddy in New York to whom I sent this link...

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19021923-622.html

... tonight was his mid-week mtg:

Thanks again. I just read the first sentence and I heard friends gasping and demonstrating displeasure and empathy for our brothers. Young teenage servant came up to me and said, "I looked but I didn't see it on jw.org news." When I told him the website he said, "are you sure that that's our website?" Then when I showed it to him he said, "whoa I never knew about this. that's cool"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am telling my husband about the website, and I dunno how to explain if he will question whether the web is official or not

:bouncing:

28 minutes ago, ivy said:

I am telling my husband about the website, and I dunno how to explain if he will question whether the web is official or not

Its official. As Cricket said, you can look at the bottom of the site to see the copyright notice. 

I once did a search on JW.org for "jw-russia.org" and I found it in several news reports.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Without using this link, https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19021923-622.html,
how can I access that site.  I do not find a link on jw.org.  thank you much.

You can just type JW-Russia.org in the address field of your preferred browser. I don’t think there is a link from JW.org to that site as it is a very special site. We have a number of those sites.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”