JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Should I Do About Private Message Harassment?

Harassing other users via the private messaging (PM) system is inappropriate. If you feel you are being harassed by another user, here is what we recommend...

1. Tell them to stop messaging you.

While the Forum Membership Policy encourages the settling of personal problems in private, sometimes users may find themselves at an impasse. In such a case, it is best to agree to disagree, so to speak, drop the conversation, and let Christian love guide your conduct from henceforth. If someone persists in messaging you over a matter that you no longer wish to discuss, be very forthright with them that for you, the conversation is over with, and tell them directly to stop messaging you.

2. Do not delete your private messages.

If you report the harassment to the moderators, we are going to need more than just your word against theirs. Only the Site Administrators have the ability to read your messages (because it is on their computer, after all), but this never takes place without your permission or if you are involved in an issue of private message harassment.

3. Be patient while we try to resolve this.

Once you get the moderators involved, you must give us time to discuss it with each other as well as with the parties involved. Our goal will be to stop the harassment, and will likely involved us telling the other person to cease the harassment. Our goal is not to deactivate them. However, if the harassment continues even after involving the moderators, the offending user risks being forcefully expelled from the JWTalk Forum Community.

Brothers and Sisters should anyone through PM harasss and you feel that it is disrupting your normal daily activities, seek assistance through this forum by the moderators so that they're account be suspended or deactivated. If that fails, PM ME and this will be resolved. Im a Colombian who used to wear a badge. That is a bad combination if I should say so.... Lol!!:crackwhip:

Brothers and Sisters should anyone through PM harasss and you feel that it is disrupting your normal daily activities, seek assistance through this forum by the moderators so that they're account be suspended or deactivated. If that fails, PM ME and this will be resolved. Im a Colombian who used to wear a badge. That is a bad combination if I should say so.... Lol!!:crackwhip:

And this is why you are my facebook friend.:squeeze:

Yes, if you were stupid enough to let your stalker know where you live or how to contact you outside the forums, there is nothing the moderators can do. However, Dave will gladly whoop his keister, and being a former police officer, knows the best ways to properly dispose of the body.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I wouldn't worry too much about "Nuestro Hermano David" any more... Now he is our meek mild tempered and loving brother. and besides his weapons are now sleeping with the fishes somewhere in the Atlantic ! :D