JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which forums can the public see? Which forums can only members see?

Only registered members can participate and comment on the following Members Only forums....

Introductions and Warm Welcomes ,

Let's all Meet on Zoom

Real Pictures of Us

Our Meetings, Our Ministry, Life as a Christian 

Bible Research & Scriptural Discussion

Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery - only Full Access Users can read and reply.

Alt. News, Op-Ed, Blogs, & Speculation

Confidential Talk

All other forums are visible to the general public.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I definitely want to be a full access member. I have my Organized book at home but as I sit with my parents at the meetings my dad carries all our kms but since I have meeting tonight Ill make sure to take it with me. I was just wondering though I send a picture while holding both at the same time or 2 pictures holding each seperately? also do I put my username in the email for you guys to know its me or just my email address will be easy to identify me?. I would like to be full access asap as I think comfort and support will be a great benefit for me. How soon after I email it can I expect to be full access? thx

It USUALLY doesn't take long to approve someone (often just one day) - although we have had delays at times.

Oops should have answered all the question:

1 picture is prefered, but 2 is OK

Yes add your user name - that makes it easier

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I definitely want to be a full access member. I have my Organized book at home but as I sit with my parents at the meetings my dad carries all our kms but since I have meeting tonight Ill make sure to take it with me. I was just wondering though I send a picture while holding both at the same time or 2 pictures holding each seperately? also do I put my username in the email for you guys to know its me or just my email address will be easy to identify me?. I would like to be full access asap as I think comfort and support will be a great benefit for me. How soon after I email it can I expect to be full access? thx

One picture with KM and Organized book and please do not cover your face w/ publications. Including your username is OK. The time frame for gaining Full Access is depending on the availability of the Forum Administrator. Usually within six months. No just kidding, it would not be long but possibly more than a few days.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The time frame for gaining Full Access is depending on the availability of the Forum Administrator. Usually within six months. No just kidding, it would not be long but possibly more than a few days.

:lol1:

I deserved that. Sorry for my being away as of late. I am working on delegating some more authority to others.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 months later...

When a guest visits any of the forums besides the four listed above, they can see your username and your comments only. They cannot see your real name, nor your location, nor your statistics, nor your profile, nor your uploaded avatar (they see an autogenerated image).

Does this still all apply with the new forum?

On the new forum, guests can see your avatar. But not pictures you add to posts.

They can set how many posts you've made, but they can't go to your profile and they can NOT see your personal info in your profile.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On the new forum, guests can see your avatar. But not pictures you add to posts.

I'm not so sure of this. I think uploaded and linked photos within posts are visible now to the public. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day

Am new, so I am on probation on this site?  Because everytime I do this on here, I see a box that says; "Post will need approval from a moderator before it is shown."  A few of my comments have gone through, so i thank you brother or sister moderator for letting them be read.  If I do something out of line will you please be so kind as to counsel me?   Would appreciate it. 

Chrsitian Love

allabord4jah

Hi Lisa!

Read this thread and it will explain how "limited"  membership works.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/2780-limited-account-access-mode/

If I do something out of line will you please be so kind as to counsel me?   Would appreciate it. 

Don't worry, we will!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

When a guest visits any of the forums besides the four listed above, they can see your username and your comments only. They cannot see your real name, nor your location, nor your statistics, nor your profile, nor your uploaded avatar (they see an autogenerated image).

Just a reminder that this isn't true on the new board (yet). Guests can see exactly what the rest of us see on the user panel to the left of the posts.

For anyone concerned though, they cannot see your profiles.