JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prince Likes to Keep it Clean!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3360 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

PRINCE LIKES TO KEEP IT CLEAN

ANDREW HORNERY

19 May, 2012 03:00 AM

HE SANG nearly all his hits and delivered a volley of knockout shows across Sydney last weekend, but behind the scenes Prince has made it abundantly clear who sits atop the great purple throne as it gets wheeled out for one more show at the Allphones Arena on Tuesday night.

Having converted to Jehovah's Witness over a decade ago, Prince has become somewhat more conservative when it comes to the goings on backstage.

He is a strict observer of his faith's religious teachings and practices, and none of it sounds terribly rock'n'roll.

For starters, he has a strict no swearing rule for all the production crew working on his mega concerts. One Australian roadie told PS this week: ''In Australia, all the roadies swear, it's just the way it has been since Elvis was a baby. But if you swear and Prince hears you, we have been told we will be out of a job immediately. He's pretty touchy about it.''

As the Prince tour blitzed its way around the country, other accounts have also emerged revealing how staunch the performer has become, including one tale about a delivery of Nudie juices taken to the performer's dressing rooms.

''He didn't like the brand name on the label, so all the labels had to be removed,'' said one insider.

Prince has also made it clear no one is to wear any crucifixes on their body or clothing if they are working backstage. Jehovah's Witnesses believe the cross is a ''pagan'' symbol and do not use it in their worship.

And while he still managed to sing his raunchy track Cream last Saturday night, he has banned his racier tracks from his shows' set-lists, including Dance Music Sex Romance, Darling Nikki and Sexy Mother F****r.

However PS is pleased to report that at the grand age of 53, the diminutive star (who at 1.57m is exactly the same height as Kylie Minogue) still prances about on stage in killer stiletto heels.

Retirement and a pair of sensible Kumfs appear to be a fair way off.

Article Source: Blayney Chronicle

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

He does currently report his faith as JW. We might question things but he seems to be fulfilling record company contracts and if these stories are true, then it looks like his faith does dictate how he works. If these 'raodies' say he forbits swearing that is a good thing . . but I would prefer to see him settle down into a less conspicuous trade. We can't judge though because we don't know what effect he is having on anyone who looks into his faith as a consequence of his concert.

As others in the music industry who are also in the truth have found, it opens opportunities to witness to people who otherwise would be difficult to reach - behind bodyguards etc. etc. Hank Marvin, Larry Graham have successfully followed their faith while also staying in the music industry.

As others in the music industry who are also in the truth have found, it opens opportunities to witness to people who otherwise would be difficult to reach - behind bodyguards etc. etc. Hank Marvin, Larry Graham have successfully followed their faith while also staying in the music industry.

I can't recall the details at the moment, but I am under the assumption that Prince got the truth from someone else in the industry that worked closely with him.

Somewhere I have an audio of Prince playing "Life Without End at Last" on his guitar. It was a B-side if I heard correctly.

And as far as I am concerned, he can keep on doing what he does :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Does anybody here know who Teresa Graves is? She was a big movie star, in the 70's I think, and she has her story in Audio how she became a Jehovah's Witness and there was a point in her life where she suddenly changed her whole outlook, her movie set had all these restrictions and rules lol She was such a bubbly sister and her experience here is so encouraging. At that time she was about to be in a vampire movie that would have made her rich, but she rejected everything and served Jehovah till her heart exploded lol She died faitihfully.

Teresa Graves Story (at a convention)

We might question things but he seems to be fulfilling record company contracts and if these stories are true, then it looks like his faith does dictate how he works.

It's true we do question things, but I try to remember also that people develop at their own pace. I can't even count the dozens that I've seen come in the truth, while at first there were questionable things, it was because they were still in development from spiritual babes to adults. Some people take longer to mature than others and so looking at the life he lived before, I can't even picture him in my mind dropping all his habbits at once. In fact, there are weaknesses that we all have that may NEVER be fixed until the new system. I guess you can say it's all about heart condition and sincerity :thumbsup:

I like to think of Abimelech :P

Yes I remember Teresa Graves, she spent some time in UK filming whilst she was studying to be a JW. Played in a lot of movies and was a well known lady TV detective. Awake April 22nd 1977 has a lovely long article about her "Choosing between 2 loves in my Life", I remember it gave a good Witness at the time as the beautiful lady was still well known. She sadly died at a fairly young age overcome by smoke in a fire at home where she cared for her mother.

I can't recall the details at the moment, but I am under the assumption that Prince got the truth from someone else in the industry that worked closely with him.

Somewhere I have an audio of Prince playing "Life Without End at Last" on his guitar. It was a B-side if I heard correctly.

And as far as I am concerned, he can keep on doing what he does :)

He learned the truth from a brother who was with Sly and the Family Stones (Larry Graham). An elder I know from London, OH has friends in MN, and went to visit. Actually had the pleasure to sit in on a study with Prince before he was baptized.

Personally, I dont know how he manages to remain faithful. Seems like he is positioned to have trials more than most. From all outward appearances it would appear like it could be much more difficult to weather satanic storms when you sit so vulnerable in the center of it. May Jehovah protect and help him endure.

Sometimes brothers and sisters do or say things we may find questionable. We are imperfect and display our imperfections quite frankly at times. The only difference between us and other people is we love Jehovah and endeavor to follow His commands. Everyone progresses at a different rate

Personally, I dont know how he manages to remain faithful. Seems like he is positioned to have trials more than most. From all outward appearances it would appear like it could be much more difficult to weather satanic storms when you sit so vulnerable in the center of it. May Jehovah protect and help him endure.

That is so true. I pray for those who are in a windstorm of satanic pressure. I always think to myself and to Jehovah "wow how are they going to do this!?... how would I endure that!?". We just can't slave for two masters and we will find that out either one way or another. Some of us have to learn the hard way :(

She sadly died at a fairly young age overcome by smoke in a fire at home where she cared for her mother.

Mm now I remember :( How sad that she had to die like that, she had so much more she wanted to do for Jehovah. At least she perhaps finished her race with endurance to the end and obtained a stamped approval of a resurrection. Now let's all make sure we make it.

Does anybody here know who Teresa Graves is? She was a big movie star, in the 70's I think, and she has her story in Audio how she became a Jehovah's Witness and there was a point in her life where she suddenly changed her whole outlook, her movie set had all these restrictions and rules lol She was such a bubbly sister and her experience here is so encouraging. At that time she was about to be in a vampire movie that would have made her rich, but she rejected everything and served Jehovah till her heart exploded lol She died faitihfully.

Thank you for posting this. I had never heard it....very good, and very touching. Looking forward to meeting her in the new system!!

I just read about Teresa Graves in Wikipedia and saw her photo (what a gorgeous sister), anyway, it says that she played Countess Vampira (the lead role) in the movie Vampira. Not that this fact retracts from her merits. I loved reading in Wikipedia how devout a Jehovah's Witness she had become and how she turned her back on her career for Jehovah. See below Wikipedia's own words:

Graves was baptized as one of the Jehovah's Witnesses in 1974, and almost immediately began using her celebrity to bring international awareness to the persecution of Witnesses in Malawi under then-leader Hastings Kamuzu Banda's "one-party rule".[5] In 1983, she retired from show business to devote her time to the religion. For the rest of her life, Graves resided at 3437 West 78th Place in the Hyde Park neighborhood in Los Angeles, California and took care of her mother.[2]

Thank you for posting this. I had never heard it....very good, and very touching. Looking forward to meeting her in the new system!!

Yes, I do remember Teresa....would run home to watch the show. I did not get a chance to read the link - but everyone loved on my block loved "Christy Love" I recall after her announcing that she would stop carrying a gun due to her faith, and the show did not last long afterwards. I will have to go back and read the link provided! What a blast from the past!!!

Yes, I do remember Teresa....would run home to watch the show. I did not get a chance to read the link - but everyone loved on my block loved "Christy Love" I recall after her announcing that she would stop carrying a gun due to her faith, and the show did not last long afterwards. I will have to go back and read the link provided! What a blast from the past!!!

The link is actually an MP3 file of an interview of her at an assembly. Good quality audio, except for a couple of places, and they clear up. I will be listening to it again....

• 2 weeks later...

Prince is friends with Elmore Smith, a brother here in Cleveland, Elmore played pro basketball for years, has served as an Elder in the past and currently has a restaurant and is marketing a BBQ sauce on grocery store shelves! His daughter, Jennifer, is a pioneer in our Cong. I have heard Prince has had struggles but is currently reinstated and doing well.... I have always seen the irony between him and Michael Jackson... one growing up in the Truth, rejecting it and the other, the polar opposite! Truly amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Prince Fans To Celebrate His Birthday Downtown

"On Thursday, the Minneapolis-native musician Prince turned 54 years old. He may not celebrate his birthday any longer since becoming a Jehovah’s Witness, but that’s not stopping others from honoring the artist."

A birthday party without the birthday boy in attendance himself?

They might as well decorate an evergreen tree :P

It would be very difficult to imagine him still in show business and not have to go through tremendous struggles. His former lifestyle is something that he will have to fight with every day, at least for as long as he continues to perform. Talk about gaining the whole world....but it seems like he is still fighting for his soul.

I am happy for him that he has retired several of his well known songs. He is a really spectacular showman, and I would really miss in particular a couple of songs that he sings if he gave it up (specifically, Song of the Heart and Musicology), but if he chose to leave it all for Jehovah's sake, I would be happy to never hear him sing them again.

Ok,...for a minute

Musicology