JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I Hate my Auto-Generated Avatar Picture. Can it be changed?

Message added by Brother_Bliss

This post is contains outdated information since we now license completely different software than what we we're using before. - Bob

Is there a way to replace the auto-generated avatar that appears on my posts above my username?

could you please change that identifiying picture under my name please Mr./Ms administrator

It looks like a Vampire......thanks

Yes. You can upload your own 125x125 image to use as an avatar in your Avatar / Profile Picture section of your user Control Center.

Optionally, you can register an account with the same email address at http://www.gravatar.com and upload an image there. Gravatar images are used by websites all across the web, and so the photo you upload to the Gravatar website might be used as your avatar on several forums on the internet where you use the same email address.

When posts are loaded into the browser, JWTalk first checks to see if you have uploaded an avatar here at JWTalk. If there is no selected avatar, it then checks to see if you have a gravatar.com image associated with your email address. If there is no gravatar image, then a script automatically generates one based on your email address - so changing the email address associated with your account can change your image as well, but it will still be random.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

To change it, go into your profile and add an avatar.

The image is automatically generated based on a hash code derived from your email address. You can use another email address, or even better upload your own avatar as Jerry suggested.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 month later...

hi first of all thanks heaps for all the time you guys have spent getting this forum up and running and putting up with us dumb donkeys:dead horse:posting things in the wrong places etc

Love the way everyone has a laugh and doesn't take things so seriously. Chuck is sooo funny with his one liners.

This forum really is a gift and blessing from Jehovah

now the real reason for this message is I would like to change my avatar it is too big I managed to get it down to 314 pixels from 1700 but that is as far as I could go. I have used picasa and paint I've been trying for a few hours have you any suggestions for another program or a way I can reduce the pixels thanks heaps:praying:

I sent you a PM with the link to a free program, check it out.

Remember the maximum size is 125 X 125 megapixels.

If you have any problems, PM me and I'll give you an address to email it to me and I'll re-size it for you.