JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guess Who. Biblical Game

surfergirl

saul

1sam 18:19

If that was an answer for this Question:

Jehovah personally chose the name of some children.To Whose child did he give the name meaning “Laughter" and What was the childs name?

saul would be incorrect: Try again! Try a search of "Laughter" in WL

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Hannah.

New.

I was a donkey & an angel saved me from a beating?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 3 weeks later...

Jehovah personally chose the name of some children.To Whose child did he give the name meaning “Laughter" and What was the childs name?

The Mom was Sarah and she laughed when she thought about being old and 1. having sex again and 2. because she was past menopause and was told she would have a child the next year. Then the laughter became the kid's name - Isaac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is why I am sending Timothy to YOU, as he is my beloved and faithful child in [the] Lord; and he will put YOU in mind of my methods in connection with Christ Jesus, just as I am teaching everywhere in every congregation

NEW

Who was the wife of Heber

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Feel free to correct me. Maybe I miss read it. I was researching from the Greatest Man book. I do miss read or skip a point. But not on purpose.

From the Insight book:  "Matthias... The disciple selected by lot to replace Judas Iscariot as an apostle. After Jesus’ ascension to heaven, Peter, noting that not only had the psalmist David foretold Judas’ deflection (Ps 41:9) but David had also written (Ps 109:8) “his office of oversight let someone else take,” proposed to the approximately 120 disciples gathered together that the vacancy of office be filled. Joseph Barsabbas and Matthias were put up for selection; after prayer, lots were cast, and Matthias was chosen. Occurring just a few days prior to the outpouring of holy spirit, this is the last instance reported in the Bible of the lots being resorted to in determining Jehovah’s choice in a matter.—Ac 1:15-26.

According to Peter’s words (Ac 1:21, 22), Matthias had been a follower of Christ throughout Jesus’ three-and-a-half-year ministry, had been closely associated with the apostles, and was quite likely one of the 70 disciples or evangelists whom Jesus sent out to preach. (Lu 10:1) After his selection, he was “reckoned along with the eleven apostles” by the congregation (Ac 1:26), and when the book of Acts immediately thereafter speaks of “the apostles” or “the twelve,” Matthias was included."

To Gideon  (Judges 6:12).

New:

He is the youngest son of Jacob’s wife Leah.

His descendants will be known as courageous warriors who supported Judge Barak, Judge Gideon, and King David.

Reuben

New:

My father parted the Red Sea and like my mother my name is blessed with a Z.

In actuallity it was Jehovah that parted the Red Sea.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25