JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trivia About Mormons

I got this funny email about a ``christian`` group called Mormons.

They believe that Jesus Christ is Satan's brother. :perplexed:

They believe that God lives near a planet called "Kolob." :shrugs:

They believe in baptizing dead people. :bouncing:

They believe that Jesus is married to a goddess wife. :bringiton:

They believe that The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. :unsure:

They believe that it was impossible for blacks to go to Heaven before 1978. :nope:

They believe that Jesus has children from his wife or wives. :tsk:

They believe that they are going to become a god. :hammer:

They believe they will own their own personal planet after they dies.

They believe the real Christian God is not eternal but rather that He was once a man on some other planet besides Earth!

They believe they needs to wear magical underwear created by Mormons and it is never to take it off unless bathing.

They believe it is a sin to drink anything containing caffeine. And that even includes True American™ drinks like Coca-Cola!

They believe children between the ages of 18-21 should wear name badges, ride bicycles and always smile.

They believe there are three Mormon heavens

They believe that Mormons are descended from one of the lost tribes of Israel

They knows secret handshakes and passwords that will get them into heaven

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

They also believe that Adam did not have blood until after he sinned and was a product of sin. This creates a problem.....

--Since Jesus had blood he could not have been sinless and therefore no ransom.--

They also believe that they come to America in a submarine thousands of years ago and that they made concrete houses in America with no remaining evidence of such.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Dad asked some Mormons one day that came to our door the difference between Jehovah's witnesses and the Mormons.

The Mormons will go and fit in wars, Mum had another conversation with some traveling Mormons that were working the same block of territory as us one day. They told us they are not allowed to play music, Shower go to the movies, or the beach or the shopping Malls.

They were not allowed to do much they said, I have yet to have another conversation one day.

If I ever meet them again, to see what they said was fact. The girls asked us what we were allowed to do they were shocked when we said we can have fun, drink coffee and have a little wine etc.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

have a little wine etc.

I think one bottle of red wine is little, amirite? :drink::raspberry:

have a little wine etc.

I think one bottle of red wine is little, amirite? :drink::raspberry:

I like a nice cab/sav. yummo!:yes:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I had a Mormon boss years ago. He said that they are encouraged to have as many children as they can (he had 10) - no wonder their numbers are growing! They believe that Jesus was in America at some time in his life. Only certain members are allowed to go into their temples (like the one in Salt Lake City). They have strange beliefs indeed!

quite interesting they aren't allowed caffeine when they own pepsi. they own the fast food restaurants that serve pepsi also. mountain dew is very high in caffeine. anyway many years ago when i was a young man my room mate came in and said some punks threw water balloons at him while he rode his bicycle. we grabbed water hose snuck around apartments disconnected washing machine and attached 50' of hose with a jet nozzle. a major water fight ensued. i had a 5 gallon bucket and i chased them back into their apt. they locked me out, so i made footsteps like i went back downstairs. a few min later they opened the door to renew the water attack and i was still standing there with 5 gallons of water which i threw at them. that ended the water fight. this was a monday night. sat morning rolls around. at the service meeting me and my roomate are assigned to work guess which apt building. i knock on door they open up and i ask if they remember me. no was the reply. so i asked if they would remember me if i had a 5 gallon bucket of water in my hand. they had a good laugh and we had a good conversation.

Marrriot is owned by a Mormon (or group of mormons) but according to a reputable news paper in the US, he is tolerant to homosexuals.

• 6 months later...

Mormons believe that all humans were angels before life on Earth

That after the Earth was made the angels voted on whom would champion humans back to God. Some voted for Jesus, some voted for Satan, still others were undecided. Those who voted for Jesus are allowed to be born and show which level of heaven they will attain to dependent on the number of the ten commandments they adhere to, (ergo 7th heaven). Those who voted for the devil come to Earth as demons. Those who didn't vote come to Earth black. That is why blacks were not allowed to carry the sacraments and have the same privileges as nonblacks.

Mormons believe the original sin was having sex.

Mormons believe Adam is a saint because he chose to have sex which in turn made it possible for the rest of the angels to prove their worth to God. Adam could have chosen to obey God and not have sex. By choosing to disobey God, Adam was willing to sacrifice himself so that others might live.

(This paints Jehovah as two faced in that he told Adam to do something he didn't want him to do).

This also paints Jehovah as a god who doesn't mean what he says. Nowhere does Jehovah indicate that he will reward us for disobedience.

• 4 years later...
On 7/30/2012 at 2:09 PM, jgsfrelancer said:

They believe it is a sin to drink anything containing caffeine. And that even includes True American™ drinks like Coca-Cola!

Not sure why you specifically mentioned Coca Cola here? Coca Cola is damaging to the body.

I was surprised to find out that they can't drink cha/tea, which is very healthy to drink regularly.