JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

VATICAN CONFIRMS POPE BENEDICT XVI TO RESIGNS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4061 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the reminder, Glenn.

God does have a time table, and it will not be late, as Habakkuk 2:3 says.

Also, one church leader's resignation does not mean the fall of Babylon the Great.

I went to check The Register for biased content, and there was a lot of it there, so just for corroboration, I checked Reuters.

Wow, this story is in the process of being written - a few minutes ago, it was a couple of paragraphs. Now, here it is, all fleshed out -

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/us-pope-resigns-idUSBRE91A0BH20130211

Just reminder to all. The next main biblical event on the world scene is Cry of Peace and Security. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

We will have to see the direction the next Pope takes, there is no doubt that we live in exciting times, there's no good in speculating, when Jehovah puts it into the heart of the beast to bring the Harlot down, down she'll fall. The Catholic church will have to do some pretty fancy dancing to see its way out of the sexual and financial scandals that have rocked it... maybe it needs a younger and more dynamic man to do it.

We'll just have to watch this space...

Hi Betlee~my name is Bayly. I think I received your post conf. at my email add. Maybe you got my conf.? Anyway, these are exciting times! Such a privelege to see progress of Jah's purpose. We had our C.O. visit and a woman police officer here in Daytona, Fl. attended the entire meeting! So encouraging...KUTGW~Bayly:wave:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I agree just so excited that I am part of something that will never ever happen again and this is preaching the good news of the kingdom and the prophecy being fulfilled. Thank you Jehovah your name will be sanctified. This is a blessing may we all remain faithful to the end. Love Daisy

(By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005)

He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church, but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her.

Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April.

It was the first time she had heard from him in more than 50 years.

Mrs. Brzakovic, who was raised in the southern Germany city of Weilheim before moving to Australia in 1956, said she remembered Joseph Ratzinger as a young boy who was often up to no good.

"He was everywhere he shouldn't [have] been, she recalled yesterday, shaking her head. "When I think today of what we did, it's a wonder that [we are] alive."

When she received the phone call three months ago she first thought it was a prank. It wasn't until His Holiness told her it was "Ratzinger Pepi", referring to his childhood nickname, that she realized who was on the other end.

"I said, 'Are you the Pope?' and he [replied]. 'But for you I am still Ratzinger Pepi'."

Mrs. Brzakovic was raised as a Roman Catholic, but became a Jehovah's Witness in the 1970's.

She said that while her religious differences with her family had caused frustration, the Pope had encouraged her for following her faith.

"He told me that 'You are doing the work that we should do'," she said, referring to her church's missionary work. "He said, 'You have halls that are not too big, but they are full. We have cathedrals, churches, chapels and they are empty'."

Mrs. Brzakovic is spending this weekend at a Jehovah's Witness convention in Canberra with about 3000 district worshippers.

PopesCousin2005-08-21.pdf

Just remembered this new article (above) but can't find the link to orginal news clipping.

Going out on a limb here, but maybe he's gotten wiser in his old age and realized his cousin has found the truth?

Would that be neat or what?!

Just remembered this new article (above) but can't find the link to orginal news clipping.

Going out on a limb here, but maybe he's gotten wiser in his old age and realized his cousin has found the truth?

Would that be neat or what?!

He is the pope that took the Divine Name out of their Bible and all their songs. Wisdom is not what he will be remembered for in my book.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

(By Markus Mannheim The Canberra Times vol 21.08.2005) He may be the spiritual head of the world's largest Christian church' date=' but a cousin of Pope Benedict the XVI says that he is still a naughty boy to her. Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma, received a call from her famous first cousin shortly after his election in a papal conclave in April. It was the first time she had heard from him in more than 50 years. Mrs. Brzakovic, who was raised in the southern Germany city of Weilheim before moving to Australia in 1956, said she remembered Joseph Ratzinger as a young boy who was often up to no good. "He was everywhere he shouldn't [have'] been, she recalled yesterday, shaking her head. "When I think today of what we did, it's a wonder that [we are] alive." When she received the phone call three months ago she first thought it was a prank. It wasn't until His Holiness told her it was "Ratzinger Pepi", referring to his childhood nickname, that she realized who was on the other end. "I said, 'Are you the Pope?' and he [replied]. 'But for you I am still Ratzinger Pepi'." Mrs. Brzakovic was raised as a Roman Catholic, but became a Jehovah's Witness in the 1970's. She said that while her religious differences with her family had caused frustration, the Pope had encouraged her for following her faith. "He told me that 'You are doing the work that we should do'," she said, referring to her church's missionary work. "He said, 'You have halls that are not too big, but they are full. We have cathedrals, churches, chapels and they are empty'." Mrs. Brzakovic is spending this weekend at a Jehovah's Witness convention in Canberra with about 3000 district worshippers. PopesCousin2005-08-21.pdf

Wouldn't this just be the best: the article stated he will go into seclusion and stay there for a while, "NOW how about a study Mr. Ratzinger Pepi!" How incredible would it be to see THAT kind of power from Jehovah! The first pope to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. just speculating of course- but one can hope! :readbible:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Wouldn't this just be the best: the article stated he will go into seclusion and stay there for a while, "NOW how about a study Mr. Ratzinger Pepi!" How incredible would it be to see THAT kind of power from Jehovah! The first pope to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. just speculating of course- but one can hope! :readbible:

Shortly after that he confesses to knowingly moving Bishops who were pedophiles around to avoid prosecution and accepts what ever discipline should come his way - :nope:

I hope no one is holding their breath - hoping some how this corrupt world will provide justice. The MOB always gets off on these types of things. And the Pope is mobster #1.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Apparently lightning has struck the Vatican quite often over the years. In 1995 Pope John Paul II and the visiting head of the Orthodox Church stood side by side on the balcony, waving to admirers below, when suddenly lightning strikes!

I could speculate......but it's just that its probably the tallest building around.....

I wonder if during some high level meetings with world leaders somebody may have given him a heads-up about plans they're putting in place to destroy his church.

Or perhaps the Pope's cousin could have shown him how to find the information for himself in his own bible.

If I was him I'd want to get out of there ASAP before the real fireworks start.

I vaguely remember about his cousin being a witness. That was kind of the first thought I had when I heard he was resigning. Maybe he is becoming a witness.

Interesting thought

Almost 7 billion people on planet

33% considered "Christian"

Out of 2,321,000,000, 1.2 billion approx are catholic

Almost 8 million are witnesses. That's only (1,192 Million) less than catholic

If this system lasts long enough, witnesses will be half of what the 2,321,000,000 currently is. I wonder if we are technically counted under so called Christianity number

Interesting....

ED> - just to fix the math. note:at our current growth rate of 2% it would only take 14,800 and some odd years to get to 2.3 Billion. (remember 1 Billion is 1,000 million) Trottigy