JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

On 1/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, kejedo said:

Also, mosquitoes are said to be a significant food source for certain animals, birds, other insects and even fish.

Soon the young dragonfly becomes an expert at catching flies and mosquitoes on the wing. Devouring its own weight in insects each day, it performs an invaluable service.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, minister159 said:

Soon the young dragonfly becomes an expert at catching flies and mosquitoes on the wing. Devouring its own weight in insects each day, it performs an invaluable service.

When I was a child living in Florida, USA, there was an overgrowth of dragonflies. YOu could see them swarming on the roads and hear them being crushed underneath car tires as you drove along. It might have been effective to thin out the horde, who knows? But the answer then was to drop insecticide from airplanes. Sure did kill off all or nearly all those dragonflies. After that, mosquitoes started to become overly plentiful from the southern US states and moving northward up the continent.  JUst a small observation. I'm sure the proliferation of mosquitoes had many other contributors.   

15 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Not even a short term prophet. :oops:  Boy does he ever look like one of our MSs -even to the Short hair.

2yearsfromnow.jpg

2020....:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 16/01/2018 at 2:40 AM, pnutts said:

Boy does he ever look like one of our MSs -even to the Short hair.

Good old Paddy! Do you say "Baldy bouncer" to him?! (Now we'll see if you're a Phoenix Nights fan or not!) ha ha

It's bigger on the inside!

5 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I couldn't get over how accurate to detail this picture was. 

I believe that the original quote for that picture was "Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour?"

Trust a Star Wars fan to post this one :D

6 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I couldn't get over how accurate to detail this picture was.  :lol:

900_Pawel-Kuczynski_c3po.jpg

Nice golden image....:o

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

39 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

#IPreferDrWho

So what do you think to the new Doctor? She was in another BBC series called "Trust Me" (as in "Trust Me; I'm a doctor.") Do you think this is coincidental or a nice wink to her new upcoming role? The two series aren't related obviously but I thought the relation was quite clever, being the geek that I am! Plus it was filmed a lot around Edinburgh so I recognised most of the places.

And what did you think to the Crimbo special? I LOVE David Bradley as the First Doctor and I thought it was hilarious how he kept making 60s references/attitudes towards women! If you haven't seen the documentary about how Doctor Who came to be, I'd recommend it. It was a woman and an Indian that we have to thank, both fighting against the tide because of the stereotypes and racist attitudes in the UK back in the 1960s. David Bradley plays the actor William Hartnell (the first Doctor) whilst Jessica Raine plays Verity Lambert, the BBC's only female and youngest producer at the time. Very good and I learnt a lot of stuff about UK TV history that I never knew. Matt Smith makes a cameo appearance at the end too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time

maxresdefault.jpg

David Bradley was perfect for the role. I assumed the next season would start about April but apparently not. A female doctor is fine I think. I did laugh at some of the tweets when it was announced - “It’s Time Lord not Time Lady!”

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...