BTW - as a point of interest, our area has Blue bins and Orange bins

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for two bins is not based on the amount of material to be recycled - it is based on the type of material.

Many places want you to separate the recycling - for instance, paper in one bin, everything else in the other or plastic in one bin, everything else in the other

Some places even have more than two bins and want paper in one bin, metal (cans) in another, glass in yet another one and plastic in a fourth bin.

Here where I live, they give us one orange bin and one blue one - supposedly to separate the material but they don't hold to it. We can put it all together and use the second bin for overflow.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Qapla said:

Here where I live, they give us one orange bin and one blue one - supposedly to separate the material but they don't hold to it. We can put it all together and use the second bin for overflow.

I'm off topic however I found out today that the AH will be affected by a new law next year and there has to be three cans available now, Trash, Recycle and Compost. So the Trash and Recycle areas in the AH Dining Room were changed today to include Compost receptacles.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I  would like someone to create meme 'cause I don't know how.

Would like to see one side showing Christendom's Jesus (long hair, frail etc) . The other side showing the image of Jesus from the 1/27/19 WT study article, (the one with Peter behind him).

Caption: Jehovah's Son !  or  Jesus, The Man !

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 4:26 AM, Tortuga said:

I'm off topic however I found out today that the AH will be affected by a new law next year and there has to be three cans available now, Trash, Recycle and Compost. So the Trash and Recycle areas in the AH Dining Room were changed today to include Compost receptacles.

Here in NorthWest UK  we have a Brown bin for garden waste; Large black compost bin that is not collected but kept in the garden for waste from the kitchen to compost ourselves with some garden waste; Blue bin for paper; green bin for glass; white bin for cardboard; another bin with soft lid for plastic and another for tins, aluminium foil containers. Then there's the black wheelie bin for stuff we can't recycle - mostly cold ash and cinders from our multifuel stove, unless I burn wood then it goes into the mix of the compst. All these bins take up a large amount of space in our garden and on collection day we have to wheel them all out to our curbside outside the garden gate or they won't collect them. Collection is once a fortnight. We also were issued with a large water butt/container to collect water from our gutters in spring for watering the garden in summer when it gets dry and hose-pipe bans are imposed (wouldn't water the garden with our horrid very hard borehole water anyway!)

Edited by retroHelen

4 hours ago, Dages said:

Good thing we are encouraged to avoid these "going nowhere" debates now... haha

I haven't met an adamant trinitarian for a long time, not even a binitarian-John-one-0ner.  When we studied the book of John for MWM there were verses, just about every week that refuted the trynity. 

7 hours ago, kejedo said:

I haven't met an adamant trinitarian for a long time, not even a binitarian-John-one-0ner.  When we studied the book of John for MWM there were verses, just about every week that refuted the trynity. 

I find it so interesting that the world cites John as the most trinitarian of Bible writers. This is mainly because of verses John 1:1, 8:58, 10:30, 20:28 and others. However, there are even more verses that show a distinct difference in authority and being, as you point out.