JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3974 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sorry, I've been at work all day. I didn't even know about the tornadoes (for the SECOND day in a row!) until this afternoon. Of course, I'm in the southern part of the state--close to Texas. So we're okay...still under a tornado watch until 10. And it's hot and humid!

My daughter was talking to some of the friends in Midwest city--they say 3 witness families lost their homes, have not heard about the local Kingdom Hall yet...don't know if any witness children were in the school in Moore that was destroyed.

I wonder about Leslie....she's closer to OKC than we are. I wish some others would check in.....

One of the brothers who went to the DC in OKC yesterday says that they had just been dismissed from the program when the sirens went off.

Edited by jedOKC6

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Tried to phone friends in okc .. Email and phones out .. In that area... She can't dial out on cell phone .. Just got a text they are ok ..

She said there was looting going on ... Crazy...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Me too. Keeping Oklahoman friends in my prayers.

Sorry, I've been at work all day. I didn't even know about the tornadoes (for the SECOND day in a row!) until this afternoon. Of course, I'm in the southern part of the state--close to Texas. So we're okay...still under a tornado watch until 10. And it's hot and humid!

My daughter was talking to some of the friends in Midwest city--they say 3 witness families lost their homes, have not heard about the local Kingdom Hall yet...don't know if any witness children were in the school in Moore that was destroyed.

I wonder about Leslie....she's closer to OKC than we are. I wish some others would check in.....

One of the brothers who went to the DC in OKC yesterday says that they had just been dismissed from the program when the sirens went off.

Been watching the news, it looks pretty bad for a school in somewhere called Moar, Oklahoma. Apparently two schools and a

hospital have been hit... but they say six are dead, I hope all our brothers and sisters are okay.. its sad...Praying for all...

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

Among first reports from devastating tornadoes near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA: Circuit overseer for Spanish in OKC and Tulsa informs that the destruction is massive. He says that 95% of the brethren in the Moore, Oklahoma area, where thousands of buildings were flattened, have already been accounted for. Let's keep them in our prayers.

I'll post more as soon as I get it.

Edited by Musky

CNN UPDATE:

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin: "We're doing everything we can ... to find anyone who might be injured or might be lost."

SHARE THIS

Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- including 7 elementary school students.

Take precautions Deenna...am praying for you and the friends in the path of these storms..the weather patterns on my phone radar are really strange..pockets of green ...wonder if pole reversal has something to do with it..post-2322-0-44986600-1369106989.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The sirens just went off here! That makes me just a little nervous, because the weather seems to have quieted down except for a little thunder rumbling.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

:praying: We're in tears here...That's where my best friend is from and all of her family & friends are there. I will keep you all in my prayers & hope the sun comes quickly with some relief. :grouphug:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

On CNN they are requesting that ones just "text" cell phones it gets through quicker, because when someone calls it jams things up!

We went over and over this - every time we talked about "go bags" and disasters. The elders WILL use texts mostly to ensure all ok. It is quicker and more reliable than phone calls and you cant always drive. We asked ALL to reapond with short answers like: all ok or help.. cell towers are at the TOP of the list to restore and short bursts like texts can be queued up and go right through.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Storm chasers setting in our parking lot again this pm. We have quit selling alcohol and have let families into the bar for shelter. Many live in mobile homes close to here so they need a more secure place for shelter. Internet and phone service intermittent. Very strong straight line winds 80 miles am hour andsrble size hail here-reported 51 confirmed deaths withore to come as they sort through debri. Now all is deadly quiet. I think o liked the wind better. Thanks for kind words and prayers.

Mch love to you all.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Deadly Tornado Hits Oklahoma City:

"Rescue workers raced against time and darkness Monday night looking for survivors after a powerful tornado blasted an area outside of Oklahoma City, leveling homes and leaving at least 51 people dead."

SOURCE: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/20/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Any news on that area about our brothers and sisters?

We're waiting on the time where Jesus will command to all tornado Hush! Be quiet!” - Mark 4:39

This is distressing to our family here in Australia.  We just cannot believe the devastation.

The weather is so severe, and getting worse.

One of our local needs this year was about our go bags, and emergency meeting points.  Our weather tends to be less severe in autumn, winter and getting more severe and extreme in summer.  A lot of "supercells" and "superstorms" during Summer.

These tragedies have reminded me to go through my go bag tomorrow, it's all ready to go, but i last looked at it a year ago.

I pray all our bros and sis are safe.

Edited by Fee-bee