JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Ahhh, Brother Ben...That is so incredibly beautiful!!!

Hey ah no yo na no yo / Hey ah no yo na no yo / Hey ah no yo na na ne ah no yo na na ne ah no yo na no yo / Hey ya, eh yoo / Eh yo ...

The lyrics are in a sort of universal language. :D

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

I could listen to this guy for hours:  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I couldn't agree more Roseanne; that is beautiful music. It reminds me of native American sounds... It is sad music and at the same time kind of happy or proud resonance... if that makes any sense <_>

He incorporates Sami Joik. It has deep traditional and animistic roots. With the Joik you evoke a person, place, or animal. They are usually very personal in nature, and a newborn Sami might get a Joik when he or she is born when older getting married.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Patinage said:

I couldn't agree more Roseanne; that is beautiful music. It reminds me of native American sounds... It is sad music and at the same time kind of happy or proud resonance... if that makes any sense <_<

Perhaps there is a connection...

Traditional Sami homes...

chum.jpg

Traditional Native American homes...

800px-Shoshoni_tipis.jpg

Bro Ben, That is quite unusual to western ears, especially when they make sounds with their throats,... rather pleasant.

That is traditional folk music, they dress neatly and beautifully, and their instruments are... something... may I say, primary ones, no offense intended. :)

What diversity and richness there is in music worldwide !

1 minute ago, Patinage said:

Bro Ben, That is quite unusual to western ears, especially when they make sounds with their throats,... rather pleasant.

That is traditional folk music, they dress neatly and beautifully, and their instruments are... something... may I say, primary ones, no offense intended. :)

Indeed. :) 

13 hours ago, Patinage said:

Yes, outside of Russia and Asia, not many people get to hear that kind of singing, if they ever hear it at all, and yet it's an amazing thing to listen to. Makes me think about how I cannot wait to hear perfect music in the new world, especially since we will be rich with musicians from all those who are resurrected from all the cultures around the world, with so many unique musical instruments and different ways of singing... :)

Been up  since 3am, watching and listening to Dennis DeYoung & The Music of Styx. My favorite song is Desert Moon. The guitarist does an an amazing ending to this song.

Edited by DancesWithWife

Clarification

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

• 3 weeks later...
Mountain Sound
I heard them calling in the distance
So I packed my things and ran
Far away from all the trouble
I had caused with my two hands
Alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow
We fled far away

Hold your horses now (We sleep until the sun goes down)
Through the woods we ran (Deep into the mountain sound)

Through the woods we ran
Some hid scars and some hid scratches
It made me wonder about their past
And as I looked around, I began to notice
That we were nothing like the rest

Through the woods we ran (Deep into the mountain sound)
Through the woods we ran
Whoa,
We sleep

Nice sound!

Got a' love a lead singer named 'Ragnar'.^_^

Thanks for sharing!:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif