JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Jonny77

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Ahhh, Brother Ben...That is so incredibly beautiful!!!

Hey ah no yo na no yo / Hey ah no yo na no yo / Hey ah no yo na na ne ah no yo na na ne ah no yo na no yo / Hey ya, eh yoo / Eh yo ...

The lyrics are in a sort of universal language. :D

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

I could listen to this guy for hours:  

I couldn't agree more Roseanne; that is beautiful music. It reminds me of native American sounds... It is sad music and at the same time kind of happy or proud resonance... if that makes any sense <_>

He incorporates Sami Joik. It has deep traditional and animistic roots. With the Joik you evoke a person, place, or animal. They are usually very personal in nature, and a newborn Sami might get a Joik when he or she is born when older getting married.

Any day now...

6 hours ago, Patinage said:

I couldn't agree more Roseanne; that is beautiful music. It reminds me of native American sounds... It is sad music and at the same time kind of happy or proud resonance... if that makes any sense <_<

Perhaps there is a connection...

Traditional Sami homes...

chum.jpg

Traditional Native American homes...

800px-Shoshoni_tipis.jpg

Bro Ben, That is quite unusual to western ears, especially when they make sounds with their throats,... rather pleasant.

That is traditional folk music, they dress neatly and beautifully, and their instruments are... something... may I say, primary ones, no offense intended. :)

What diversity and richness there is in music worldwide !

1 minute ago, Patinage said:

Bro Ben, That is quite unusual to western ears, especially when they make sounds with their throats,... rather pleasant.

That is traditional folk music, they dress neatly and beautifully, and their instruments are... something... may I say, primary ones, no offense intended. :)

Indeed. :) 

13 hours ago, Patinage said:

Yes, outside of Russia and Asia, not many people get to hear that kind of singing, if they ever hear it at all, and yet it's an amazing thing to listen to. Makes me think about how I cannot wait to hear perfect music in the new world, especially since we will be rich with musicians from all those who are resurrected from all the cultures around the world, with so many unique musical instruments and different ways of singing... :)