JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

On 4/29/2018 at 8:58 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

I just listened to Brother Lett narrate the entire book of Mark.:headphones:

His voice is every bit as expressive as his face and hands.^_^

We are sooooooooooooo blessed...and well fed. :D

Did you see the video on how the New World translation was narrated? So much work that went into it that I had just taken for granted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 9:58 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

I just listened to Brother Lett narrate the entire book of Mark.:headphones:

His voice is every bit as expressive as his face and hands.^_^

We are sooooooooooooo blessed...and well fed. :D

I took the audio version of the brochure My Bible Lessons, took the mp3s and cut the poems at the start of each lesson and put them into their own little poetry album. I loved Brother Lett's reading of them so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great rendition to add to my list Brother Guri - lovely.

This is a version that is one of my favourites of Hallelujah:

I've been listening to this often since I came across it last week - it's from one of my favourite Musicals - SHOWBOAT. Very powerful. I think about how we are going to have so many strong voices and beautiful people return in the resurrection - we are all in for such treats. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I agree that Leonard Cohen’s 'Hallelujah' is a very moving song but it strikes me as being similar to a Christmas carol. Beautiful tune, but when the lyrics are examined they strike me as a prevarication of scripture and when you couple that with 'Praise Jah' to give the tune some credence, it shrikes me as more than a little blasphemous.

Like a tuneful Christmas Carol I find myself humming it, then realize what I am repeating in my head and change tunes. Oh-oh, now I will be stuck with it for the rest of the day. 🤣

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 hours ago, Old said:

I agree that Leonard Cohen’s 'Hallelujah' is a very moving song but it strikes me as being similar to a Christmas carol. Beautiful tune, but when the lyrics are examined they strike me as a prevarication of scripture and when you couple that with 'Praise Jah' to give the tune some credence, it shrikes me as more than a little blasphemous.

Like a tuneful Christmas Carol I find myself humming it, then realize what I am repeating in my head and change tunes. Oh-oh, now I will be stuck with it for the rest of the day. 🤣

I listened to an interesting podcast about this song. What ever it originally was about is lost. Cohen had pages of notes that were passed on and cobbled together. It is a very interesting story.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Patinage said:

Soothing music

What an interesting guitar. I've never seen a ten string guitar before, only six or twelve strings. I did notice however, he only played the higher six strings of the ten. Very unusual picking pattern as well that provided a constant higher melody against a base lead.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gary910 said:

image.png.cf87aa6c68eea5949a0637d5f0fd4777.png

Oh my, this was my high school crush.  No but seriously i think this album is in a cupboard in the basement  storeroom along with Hermans Hermits and the Beach Boys and Gordon Lightfoot.  🤣

Edited by booboo

Spelling error

• 2 weeks later...