JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which apps do you use?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3754 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Which apps do you use for personal study/meeting preperation?

I use equipd for personal study because of the bible feature.

I use iBooks for watchtower and book study.

I use iSilo for personal study and doing research for bible reading/highlights.

I still prefer the WT library on the computer for doing research but it's not always convenient.

So how do you guys study and which apps do you suggest?

I use a NookTablet that is rooted.

JWReader to download magazines, read the Bible and the daily text.

MoonReader to study the publications for meetings. All study publications I get as epub. The non study/public I get PDF.

iSilo to access the Watchtower Library

MyMinistry to keep track of service time and return visits

I love JW reader. Its great.

I use the one line WOW. I also gt sent the study material I appreciate it. As I am hardly home. I will look some up while i wait for school to break.

I can kind of think of something simple to do with my kids.

I have isilo but have found it hard to use.

But I found The Reasoning book app. Again & that one I use a lot.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

ezPDF reader for the PDF Weekly study material files, Manatano reader for the Jeremiah book study in epub and the weekly Watchtower study magazine in epub.

I found that using Mantano reader along with the epub files are the easiest to highlight, underline and annotate.

Shawn,

What did you use to root your nook? Are those apps on google or in nook store? Do you have any good lend me books or know how it works for that matter? I'm still learning my way around mine. I have a lot of freezing issues, but less since I've downloaded dolphin browser. What are some other good things about the nook I should know about?

Thanks

Angela

ezPDF reader for the PDF Weekly study material files, Manatano reader for the Jeremiah book study in epub and the weekly Watchtower study magazine in epub.

I found that using Mantano reader along with the epub files are the easiest to highlight, underline and annotate.

I agree.... and I've tried most of them.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I found that using Matano reader along with the epub files are the easiest to highlight, underline and annotate.

I agree.... and I've tried most of them.

I use Mantano Reader for all of my studying and reading.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Shawn,

What did you use to root your nook? Are those apps on google or in nook store? Do you have any good lend me books or know how it works for that matter? I'm still learning my way around mine. I have a lot of freezing issues, but less since I've downloaded dolphin browser. What are some other good things about the nook I should know about?

Thanks

Angela

I downloaded and followed these instructions to root my Nook.

Most of the apps I've gotten from Google Play. HOWEVER, sometimes Google Play will tell me the app is not compatible with my device. This is because I have a Nook Tablet and Google doesn't know I rooted it. To get around this, I use another app download site called 1 Mobile Market.

I really didn't like the dolphin browser. My wife and I both use the Maxthon browser.

I've not tried any of the lend me books, so I can't answer that. I'd like to learn.

I find for my needs, the Nook Tablet is quite functional. I would like a real keyboard and a slightly bigger screen. My Stepson has a Asus Slider with a full keyboard (instead of just the virtual keyboard). If I had the money, I think I would have gone that route. For the price, however, I can't beat the Nook. Definitely get it rooted, though. I hate this whole idea of giving me a table and then tying half it's brain behind it's back. Without rooting, the Tablet is very limited to just Barns and Noble approved apps and storage. They force you into using their services only. Once rooted, my Tablet can do anything any other Android tablet can do.

I recently played with an iPad and found the same situation there. iPads are limited to using only Apple's network of services and apps. At least, that was what I was able to discern with the limited time I had to play with it.

I use iBooks for the Watchtower Study, Cong. Bible Study, and daily Bible reading.

Equipd and its Briefcase/Online Library feature for Bible Highlights and other similar research

GoodReader for reading any other jw.org publications

A home screen bookmark to wol.jw.org for the Daily Text

Camera/Photos apps for parts with the OD book if I don't feel like bringing it along

I have iSilo but never seem to use it. I'll go onto my PC and use the WTLibrary for in depth research.

On android I use the Adobe PDF reader for the PDFs. I'll open the Viet Watchtower and then use iSilo for the Watchtower in English. Then it is easy to flip back and forth.

I use iSilo WTLibrary all the time - my favorite feature is the CN (Concordance). This isn't even in the PC version of WTLibrary. I know what a verse says, but can't seem to find it. This is helpful for me ALL the time.

I use FTPCafe to get my "recent" iSilo files. The ones I use the most - the Library, the iPad version of the study Watchtower and the KM - I use that one every week for the school and service meeting. I love that it is all together in one place.

I use JWReader for the text (I love the widget that displays it). I also use it to listen to my daily Bible reading. Lastly, I use it to listen to the magazines and nicely organize the new magazines. I can't wait until he updates it for the latest yearbook - I'll use it to read/ listen to the yearbook.

I use "Ministry Assistant" for my time.

I had used "Ministry School Timer" for the school.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

In no particular order.

1. Equipd (This keeps getting better and better, there will soon be an update that changes everything and they are waiting for approval from the branch, next update will be HUGE)

2. iBooks

3. jwbible (I never found it so easy to type in a keyword and have every scripture pop up so seamlessly for lookup, wow.)

4. Wiki Offline (and an online version)

5. YouVersion Bible (Why? The answer is simple; it is the only app that gives a whopping 36 Bible versions FREE - guess what else? They're all downloadable for offline use! How can you beat that? I challenge you :))

6. iSilo (For offline Watchtower Library)

7. WTLibrary Online link (for online Watchtower Library so I have both)

8. JWTalk (yes :D A link directly to this forum, I find it that important)

9. Memorable (the greatest app on the planet that lets you add your own version of the Bible in such a way that helps you remember verses. You won't find ANYTHING like it - I challenge you)

10. JW.org link (because how can I not have it, right?)

11. MyTime

12. Dictation (it translates what you say onto text, it is the best quality one you will find in the App Store. Perfect for taking notes by mouth and translating to text automatically)

13. Multi-Track (Mixing audio files together, practicing talks and singing parts and it is one of the few out there that's multitrack for voice over)

14. Strongs Concordance (this is incredible for those whol like to do research, it's the complete strongs concordance on your iphone!)

15. Archeology links (two of the best official archeology websites available - Jehovah's Witnesses are facinated by this and helps for reseach!)

16. Bible Verses

17. 9News, Denverpost and FOX News links (Why? Because Jehovah's Witnesses like to keep up with the world around them and what's going on, much like "Watching the world" in the Awake.

18. 4 major JW Defense websites dedicated to accurate defenses against all who criticize our Bible and beliefs.

19. Mnemotechnics link (Why? Because it's for those dedicated to wanting to improve memory for Bible scriptures, I even made a topic on this a while back)

There's more, but half of these are just on my front iPhone page.

On Saturday in service I let the kids in our car group watch the jw.org videos they hadn't seen on my tablet....but they were all over the place,because I had downloaded them at different times......I got the QQplayer app and the videos all went in there automatically....I was so happy....now I have all the WT videos in one spot .

QQPlayer is my FAVORITE video player. I also use VPlayer if the video and the audio is played out of sync on QQPlayer.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I just got an iPad...:ecstatic: so I am looking for ways to get my theocratic stuff together. I can't figure out how to get the links for Watchtower Library and JW.org on my iPad. I am a bit challenged so I have been searching in here for tips. I always have to go through the internet to get it. On my laptop it is my home page, JW.org. I didn't realize until now that the Library had a separate place, I always just went through the main site. See, I am pretty slow here. I like doing my highlights and having at least 5 that I print and take to the meetings. I want to stop doing that and just use my pad. So I am looking for a word processor that I can do talks on (girlie talks:readbible:) and my highlights, reviews ect. Also, linking this site. I am not on very often, but I always have to find it when I do.

Any help would be appreciated. :givehug:

I found our NWT. Yesterday.

Its free on Google play. Finally have the Bible app. (tu)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Is there an app that you can use to search the WTL? For Android.

For the entire WTLibrary, i am only aware of iSilo.

Soon .....