JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Armenia Releases All Imprisoned Jehovah’s Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3686 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

NOVEMBER 20, 2013 | ARMENIA

Armenia Releases All Imprisoned Jehovah’s Witnesses

YEREVAN, Armenia—On November 12, 2013, Armenia released the remaining 14 Jehovah’s Witnesses imprisoned for their refusal to join the military. In total, 28 imprisoned conscientious objectors who are Jehovah’s Witnesses have been released since October 8, 2013. This signals a change in Armenia’s pattern of disregarding the right of conscientious objection, a policy that led to the imprisonment of over 450 young Witness men over the past 20 years. Now, for the first time since 1993, there are no Jehovah’s Witnesses imprisoned in Armenia for their conscientious objection to military service.

Source/More

Edited by lynn

remove pics

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

This is great news!

Lynn, when you post articles, remove the images. JW.org is not allowing the offsite hotlinking of their images which is why they are broken above (and for good reason too, as increased bandwidth results in increased expenses).

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Much work left to do!

WHERE?

IMPRISONED

Eritrea ..........................52

Korea, South ............599

Nagorno-Karabakh .....1

Singapore ...................18

Turkmenistan ...............9

Total ............................679

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-in-prison/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 1 month later...

Oh, the video that the society put out on this is so wonderful. I totally choked up when the young man came out and hugged his mother, I can just imagine if one of my sons had to be imprisoned along side terrible criminals. Oh, you can just feel the relief of those brothers and family members are feeling. Just a beautiful video!!

• 1 month later...

I remember listening to an experience about our Korean brothers and the terrible TERRIBLE conditions they are kept in.  It made me cry.  I know Jehovah stands by these dear ones but they are so Young and in some countries they are still in the same space with criminals ... One day Jesus will deal with those that knowingly hurt those that love Jehovah and only want to obey him. In the meantime we must not forget to pray.