JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Witnesses Campaign to Advertise World’s Most Translated Website, JW.ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3523 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hope everyone is enjoying the special campaign.  My husband and I got to show the video, "Why Study The Bible,"  3 times yesterday.  One man's little kids were looking through the screen door.  He told them to come out and watch also.  

None today.  Everyone in a hurry.   But what a joy!.   I was thinking when we make a return visit we can show them "What Happens On A Bible Study?"

We really got off to a fine start on Sartuday, distributing the special tract.Although our territory is peopled by  rich, non-challant people ( who live in villas) who are apethetic to the good news. They nonetheless responded positivelly after we've introduced the tract to them.  Many even offered to come downstairs to fetch the tract and they demonstrated real interest.

That's great. We worked a rural territory with huge dogs and lots of no trespassing signs. One lady asked us if we didn't know that dogs bite? She was out in her yard and had 3 pitbulls tied up and 1 loose. She took the tract even though she said she doesn't ever take lit. She was almost as scary as her dogs.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

That's great. We worked a rural territory with huge dogs and lots of no trespassing signs. One lady asked us if we didn't know that dogs bite? She was out in her yard and had 3 pitbulls tied up and 1 loose. She took the tract even though she said she doesn't ever take lit. She was almost as scary as her dogs.

That's hilarious!! Ziyanda (my wife) would run for cover. She's not particulary fond of dogs. She screams whanever she hears one barks in the ministry...I'm not even allowed to own one as a pet. Even if the dog is securely chained in its cannel, she refuses to go to the house.

Ah.  Rural territory makes me nervous.  In our area, a lot of meth and other drugs in the rural -those houses often have aggressive dogs. Shared this scripture recently with the CO's wife.  She loved it.  Wrote it in her Bible.  Very appropriate (imho) for these territories.

Philippians 3:2-"Look out for the dogs; look out for those who cause injury; look out for those who mutilate the flesh."

Edited by Lil' vbug

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

We started a territory that hasen't been worked in two years. Summer homes in the Red Lodge Montana area. Its covered in snow about 8 months out of the year. We actually found about 1/2 the people at home and a few nice responses. We spent amost 5hours up there and will probably need another 10 to get it done. It's about 10 minutes between houses. Not much internet up there but OK cell service. First weekend.... 10 hours gone and 20 to go :)

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I enjoyed hearing all of these experiences in the new tract work. Since I am disabled I can not get out

like the rest. However today I had an idea I hope will bear fruitage. Since I live in a retirement com-

munity, I have a mail slot next to my front door for my mail. So I came up with the idea of putting up

the tract, both front, center, and back over the mail slot. That way everyone who passes by my apart-

ment will see it. I also plan to distribute it to all who visit my apartment, as well as a number I know

that are living here. I hope this ministry bears fruitage.

One thing I wish to inquire about though. I've tried a number of the videos on JW.org with no re-

sponse. I tried my computer on other online videos to test whether the problem was in my system.

They however work fine. Has any one else run into this problem ? Is the Society having any techini-

cal difficulties that anyone is aware of ? I'm sure they prepared in advance of this campaign for a

great increase in use of the website. Still I have wondered, with this worldwide distribution, whether

there has been a flood of connections more than they even anticipated, thus causing down time.

I would appreciate if anyone was any definite knowledge about these technical questions. A com-

puter tech. I'm not.

GStorrs46

I met a gentleman today who said when he watches the news he feels depressed ......after showing him the benefits of looking at the we sight he said " I'm going to do that right.now thanks for dropping by" I think he was home from work or maybe holidays ! Quite a number of people have thanked us for the information and said they will check it out . Very encouraging .

Edited by Miss Mouse