JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"All Things New" EK Jonathan - book (SPOILERS)

I contacted Erik (the author) by e-mail, to ask for his permission to translate his works in French.

He accepted very kindly and may publish my version on his website.

I do it first for my family, my parents who are not really fluent in English. But, yeah, this will be a nice experience. I'm quite humbled by the task.

My English is very limited, most technical wording for my job, still I can read in English and understand the majority of the text, but I will like to read this book in Spanish, I am pretty sure that many spanish speaking brothers would love to read this nbook .

My English is very limited, most technical wording for my job, still I can read in English and understand the majority of the text, but I will like to read this book in Spanish, I am pretty sure that many spanish speaking brothers would love to read this nbook .

I have translated into Spanish some books written by Witnesses. Maybe I can translate this one too, if I like it when I read it. :)

I will let you know.

Books written by Witnesses ? I'd love to have a look at them.

Written by Witnesses, but not novels. :-)

I have translated:

Alexander H. Macmillan's "Faith on the March"

Hermine Schmidt's "Unfettered Joy"

Rolf Furuli's series on Bible vs secular chronology

And Gerard Gertoux's book on the Divine Name, which I am proofreading now.

All of them are available in English.

Written by Witnesses, but not novels. :-)

I have translated:

Alexander H. Macmillan's "Faith on the March"

Hermine Schmidt's "Unfettered Joy"

Rolf Furuli's series on Bible vs secular chronology

And Gerard Gertoux's book on the Divine Name, which I am proofreading now.

All of them are available in English.

Are you a pro translator ? That's a nice job.

I've read many nonfiction books on the history of JWs. EK's novels are about the future and they are simply amazing and exciting! Really thought provoking. I too like the astronaut's story and the military guy's story was engrossing, never thought about them not hearing the Truth. His current book is also very absorbing. I love the way he develops his characters... all with such detail!

Hey Jerry how do you download his books?

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Carlos, do you know if "Unbroken Will" has been translated into Spanish? The biography of Leopold Engleitner.

Loraine, as far as I know it hasn't. It's in my to-do list. :)

Are you a pro translator ? That's a nice job.

David, no, not professional, just amateur. I used to have a lot of spare time at my previous work and used it to translate books or articles that I found interesting. Now I don't have so much time, so my translations go quite slow. I love translating.

I've read many nonfiction books on the history of JWs. EK's novels are about the future and they are simply amazing and exciting! Really thought provoking. I too like the astronaut's story and the military guy's story was engrossing, never thought about them not hearing the Truth. His current book is also very absorbing. I love the way he develops his characters... all with such detail!

Hey Jerry how do you download his books?

You can download his first novel "All things new" here:

http://www.allthingsnewnovel.blogspot.com/p/get-ebook.html

His second novel is serialized and is not yet available as a complete epub download, I don't believe.

• 5 months later...

For folks who have computers that can't open epub or mobi files, like moi, :(  

I ran the first story, "All Things New", through

a word program and turned it into doc. and RTF files.

Turned Mitch back into a monogomist, and fixed a few of the more glaring typo's

while I was at it.  ^_^ 

Amazing story!  Brother Jonathan makes the brothers and sisters

in that book so believable,

I feel like I've actually met them,

and like I actually visited the places he described.  ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • trottigy changed the title to "All Things New" EK Jonathan - book (SPOILERS)