JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

£150,000 front room aquarium.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3102 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-34596763

Would love an aquarium like this. Reminds me of when I used to work for Lahaina aquariums back in the late eighties early nineties building huge aquariums.

Then again in their natural habitat is better.

Not big enough for me  LOL    :lol1:

My acceptable size pictured below ....

post-4085-0-27008700-1445547809.jpg

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Not big enough for me  LOL    :lol1:

My acceptable size pictured below ....

I get a little jealous of my brother who lives in Caloundra being so close to those warm Australian waters. Always wanted to swim around a real reef in warm waters. :)

Edited by Mykyl

I get a little jealous of my brother who lives in Caloundra being so close to those warm Australian waters. Always wanted to swim around a real reef in warm waters. :)

I just came back from exploring reef in New Caledonia ... great snorkling my brother ! LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Would love an aquarium like this. Reminds me of when I used to work for Lahaina aquariums back in the late eighties early nineties building huge aquariums.

Where was Lahaina aquariums located? Maui?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Before I joined Chick Holland building aquariums he was in Kent then he moved to Dallas Scotland, a little village outside of Elgin. That's where I met him and we built the filter systems and aquariums etc. He had built some big aquarium in Hawaii for some attraction but I'm not sure where exactly as that was before my time. I left that job when I got my stupid head on and was disfellowshipped. The company was called Lahaina aquarium systems but no longer trades

He has since gone back to his music. He played with Alvin stardust when he was still called Shane Fenton and he knew the shadows and these guys back in those early days. If you look for Chick Holland on Amazon uk where you can buy his CDs. Brian "liquorice" Locking and him have recorded together in his studio in Devon and release CDs from time to time. Brian used to be in the shadows before he came into the truth.

Of course the shadows etc might mean nothing to you.

Not even sure if he is still around to be honest as the last cd he released was back in 2007 and it's been a while since I last contacted him. I notice he still uses the Lahaina name for his website though.

http://www.lahaina-uk.com/chick-holland.html

Edited by Mykyl

Before I joined Chick Holland building aquariums he was in Kent then he moved to Dallas Scotland, a little village outside of Elgin. That's where I met him and we built the filter systems and aquariums etc. He had built some big aquarium in Hawaii for some attraction but I'm not sure where exactly as that was before my time.

I was just curious. Lahaina is in west Maui Hawaii and there a Maui Ocean Center just south of Lahaina. Beautiful area...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D