JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian life and ministry–meeting workbook April 2016

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3002 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

First bit of infomation about the convention included in the workbook

attachicon.gif202016131_E_cnt_2.jpg

It looks like last year's. I presume inside is the theme and the theme of the public talk.

Now, we can deduce from the questions that theme is related to loyalty.

For reference, last convention with a loyalty theme was in 1981: Kingdom Loyalty.

Will it be necessary to open our annual Regional Convention Spoiler Thread?

I was thinking Kingdom Loyalty! Lol ☺

Godly Loyalty? A guess.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I was thinking Kingdom Loyalty! Lol ☺

Godly Loyalty? A guess.

"Act In Loyalty" ?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Perhaps it is "Cherish Loyalty!", based on Micah 6:8.

For the past few years, the assemblies and conventions for a given service year have had related themes. For example, we currently have the "Imitate Jesus!" Convention, and then the "Imitate Jehovah!" and "Imitate Their Faith" Circuit Assemblies. Other times, they have all been based around a certain scripture. For example, in 2011, we had the "Let God's Kingdom Come!" Convention, the "Let God's Name Be Sanctified" Circuit Assembly, and the "Let God's Will Take Place" Special Assembly Day, all based around Matthew 6:9, 10.

If it is again based around a scripture, it could be Micah 6:8: "Cherish Loyalty" Regional Convention,  "Exercise Justice" Circuit Assembly, "Walk in Modesty" Circuit Assembly. Just a guess :)

Perhaps it is "Cherish Loyalty!", based on Micah 6:8.

For the past few years, the assemblies and conventions for a given service year have had related themes. For example, we currently have the "Imitate Jesus!" Convention, and then the "Imitate Jehovah!" and "Imitate Their Faith" Circuit Assemblies. Other times, they have all been based around a certain scripture. For example, in 2011, we had the "Let God's Kingdom Come!" Convention, the "Let God's Name Be Sanctified" Circuit Assembly, and the "Let God's Will Take Place" Special Assembly Day, all based around Matthew 6:9, 10.

If it is again based around a scripture, it could be Micah 6:8: "Cherish Loyalty" Regional Convention,  "Exercise Justice" Circuit Assembly, "Walk in Modesty" Circuit Assembly. Just a guess :)

Very good line of thinking. Also, "Safeguard Your Heart" DC, "Safeguard Your Mind" CA, and "Safeguard Your Conscience" SAD. Don't forget "God's Word Is Truth" DC, "God's Word is Beneficial for Teaching" CA, and "God's Word Exerts Power" SAD. "Cherish Loyalty" is actually a really good guess. That's what I thought of as well.

Will it be necessary to open our annual Regional Convention Spoiler Thread?

Someone just did...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Christian Loyalty?

Like Jamie said, I can see the one about Christian Loyalty and the CA's about Jehovah's Loyalty and Jesus Loyalty.

easier said then done!  -    seems like a perfect time for a merge   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/24874-spoiler-2016-regional-convention/

This thread is about the April MWB, it just got a little sidetracked...

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mike said:

Why does this Local Needs have to tie into the whole meeting?

I don't think the subject will tie in (necessarily), but the placement of the part, the timing, the chairman and the whole flow of the new format will continue (since it is all just ONE meeting now).  After 60 years doing it a different way, I enjoy the change.

18 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I don't think the subject will tie in (necessarily), but the placement of the part, the timing, the chairman and the whole flow of the new format will continue (since it is all just ONE meeting now).  After 60 years doing it a different way, I enjoy the change.

For our local needs part last night, all the elders went on stage and each in turn commented on what he appreciated about the congregation. So, a "Local Needs" part should be about just what it implies, a part on what the elders think the congregation needs, and boy did we need that.

Our local needs part dealt with contributions from the November Watchtower. I don't think the local needs part have to do with the theme of the Christian  Life and Ministry Meeting. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible