JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - Azerbaijan—Jehovah and His People Never Left Us

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2947 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, timpin said:

Is that the first time we've had a "JW Broadcast Special Update?"

No, there is a News and Announcement section that has several updates

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODStudio/pub-jwbiv_201602_1_VIDEO

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Throughout the policeman's taunts and tactic of isolation, our sisters faith never wavered-- which has strengthened my faith as well.

Their faith in Jehovah did not waver in their trials.  All praise and glory be to our Heavenly Father.

Another slap in the face to STD.  

Now, let's continue to pray for our sisters and brothers incarcerated in Eritrea, Turkmenistan, Singapore and Korea.

I was very happy to see this update, and how the sisters are remaining strong.

I envy our brothers and sisters in countries like that to a degree. They have it so much harder than those of us in the US, but their trials causes them to rely on Jehovah, much more than we do seeing we have the freedoms to preach and live our lives as we see fit.

I envy how strong their faith is. I need to develop mines more.

On 2/29/2016 at 5:09 PM, Bob said:

I envy our brothers and sisters in countries like that to a degree. They have it so much harder than those of us in the US, but their trials causes them to rely on Jehovah, much more than we do seeing we have the freedoms to preach and live our lives as we see fit.

You're right! We in the "free" countries have it so much easier, and it's easy to take that for granted. But that's dangerous! It's like we are falling asleep spiritually feeling we can just sail through the end of this system with little or no effort. We may pray for those in other countries who don't have the freedom that we have, but at the same time they have been known to pray for us knowing we have it easier, realizing the dangers that we ourselves may not be aware of. What I've often thought is that what we need here is some good stiff persecution to unexpectedly come our way. That would have the effect of waking us up to reality!

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

You're right! We in the "free" countries have it so much easier, and it's easy to take that for granted. But that's dangerous! It's like we are falling asleep spiritually feeling we can just sail through the end of this system with little or no effort. We may pray for those in other countries who don't have the freedom that we have, but at the same time they have been known to pray for us knowing we have it easier, realizing the dangers that we ourselves may not be aware of. What I've often thought is that what we need here is some good stiff persecution to unexpectedly come our way. That would have the effect of waking us up to reality!

Agreed.

That was always my understanding that they have long prayed for us because they know we have more distractions which could prove to be a test of loyalty. Reminds me of the movie "Walk by Faith not by Sight" in which materialism influenced the decisions of the couple that returned to Jerusalem.

Having it can be dangerous.

Hi we haven't had time to watch this video yet as my wife just returned last night from a 7 week trip to Ukraine and Russia but we know a family who was in the same congregation as the 2 sisters so I look forward to watching this episode.  Iryna did say that so many of our relatives and JW friends are sick to some degree. Probably thanks in part to the very high pollution. And the 2 stories she did tell of her childhood friends [not in the truth] children that were 20/21 [same as our son] was shocking. One has gone from being a model to coma for a month and now years of rehabilitation. Very sad. If you think Satan has fun with making our lives miserable then we must feel truly sorry for worldly folk who have no protection at all. Also my wife taped a Russian language talk given in Ukraine a couple weeks ago about what's happening with the brothers in Eastern Ukraine and we will do it as family worship and then I will take notes and pass on to all you good folk. It's quite an encouraging talk I hear. 

One thing about living in these countries such as Azerbaijan, Russia, Crimea:....  It always feels like the GT is about to start any minute. For us in the West it doesn't have the same urgency which can be a danger. As we were driving home from the airport my wife said " I love Australia." Iryna would never want to return to live in ukraine because life is so hard whether it's the pollution, the general rudeness of people, the Mafia and many other problems on a daily basis. I pray the brothers can continue to endure their hardships and be an example for the rest of us when we face our own GT