JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Close on Sale of Their World Headquarters Buildings in Brooklyn

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2634 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When this is converted to NAIRA it's more than a huge sum of money..... Check out the result... #109,480,000,000.

1dollar is at 322naira

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2016 at 8:00 AM, JWTalk Forums said:

702016112_univ_sqs_sm.jpg

On August 3, 2016, Jehovah’s Witnesses officially closed on the sale of 25/30 Columbia Heights, an important step in their move to Warwick, New York.

View the full article on JW.org

and they are relocating to warwick very very soon. I hope i had the chance to visit the HQ at brooklyn. some of my friends had. now, we can start hoping to visit Warwick. ^_^:mellow:

I see that they sold 3 more properties.  The 25-30 Columbia Heights property went to Trump's son-in-law and LIVWRKS and then 107 Columbia Heights went to the owner of the Florida Panthers Hockey team.  The 25-30 Columbia Heights property was listed for 400 million, but Kuschner paid 700 million and the 107 Columbia Heights property went for 105 million.  All together they represent about 1.3 million square feet of the 3.2 million square feet for sale and those properties alone brought in close to 1 billion dollars!  I guess there are still properties the organization haven't listed yet. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2016 at 7:41 AM, shali said:

I see that they sold 3 more properties.  The 25-30 Columbia Heights property went to Trump's son-in-law 

Is that the disgusting thing standing in a holy place?

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

I am not sure if the scripture can apply....he is Jewish.

...I think you told a joke...and it was funny!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/9/2016 at 10:41 AM, shali said:

I see that they sold 3 more properties.  The 25-30 Columbia Heights property went to Trump's son-in-law and LIVWRKS and then 107 Columbia Heights went to the owner of the Florida Panthers Hockey team.  The 25-30 Columbia Heights property was listed for 400 million, but Kuschner paid 700 million and the 107 Columbia Heights property went for 105 million.  All together they represent about 1.3 million square feet of the 3.2 million square feet for sale and those properties alone brought in close to 1 billion dollars!  I guess there are still properties the organization haven't listed yet. 

Whats interesting is when he first started buying up those properties just a few years ago, who would have thought he would have been directly connected or tied in to such a world power?   ...  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/how-jared-kushner-could-end-heart-trump-white-house-n685161?cid=par-xfinity_20161117    ...   as he continues to be one of the highest bidders/investors, he may well get a few more  - 97 Columbia & 85 Jay are staged to be monumentally HUGH $$$ next year!     https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/united-states/ 

Edited by timpin

Am I being overly sensitive to think that some comments on this publicly visible forum are not necessarily neutral as regards Donald Trump? I'm not saying it's easy to be neutral but it can be easy to stray from that stance, especially given the volatility of the recent election.

1 hour ago, Sallyforth said:

Am I being overly sensitive to think that some comments on this publicly visible forum are not necessarily neutral as regards Donald Trump? I'm not saying it's easy to be neutral but it can be easy to stray from that stance, especially given the volatility of the recent election.

I didn't see anything in this thread that wasn't neutral but I'll be more careful.  Thank you...

• 2 months later...

I just found out that the property was bought by Jared Kushner by mere happenstance.

Then I recalled I remember seeing a video of a spokesperson explaining how well the business with the Witnesses had gone and how well maintained the buildings were. Did that have anything to do with it?

Does anybody remember what broadcast that part was in?