JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is "Limited Access", and how do I become a "Full Access User"?

Have the OKM on my iPad and have no paper version of it. Will have to wait until next one is distributed and use it in my submission. Not sure how I can take a pic of myself holding both required docs. Sounds like I might not have enough hands, but I'll give it a go.

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

Have the OKM on my iPad and have no paper version of it. Will have to wait until next one is distributed and use it in my submission. Not sure how I can take a pic of myself holding both required docs. Sounds like I might not have enough hands, but I'll give it a go.

Use your front facing camera with your back to a mirror? Take 2 pics? Just an idea.

Or just wait patiently and post freely. The only areas you are barred from during this probationary period is the Forum Games forum and the Chat Room. All other areas of the site are open for your use and participation.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 weeks later...

I have to chuckle at you guys, lol     I guess it will take me to Armageddon to become a full access user cause I  usually can't post or forget how to ( i'm  an undercover blond :) )  I do enjoy this site, a nice way to have fellowship while being home alone. Warm Christian love to all my brothers & sisters .

I have to chuckle at you guys, lol     I guess it will take me to Armageddon to become a full access user cause I  usually can't post or forget how to ( i'm  an undercover blond :) )  I do enjoy this site, a nice way to have fellowship while being home alone. Warm Christian love to all my brothers & sisters .

Ha, my mom always says I'm a blonde and don't know it yet. Thank you!

I will send my picture when i get around to it... i usually hate taking pictures of myself, fortunately you won't find many of me online besides the one I have have as my profile pic and a few on my FB...

• 3 months later...

What is Limited Account Access Mode?

There are 2 types of membership status here at JWTalk Forums: Full Access and Limited Access.

When a new user registers to be a member of the forums, he is automatically registered as a Limited Access member. A few of features and privileges that Full Access members enjoy are not available to them. Of these, the most notable one is that any post they make is held in queue, a temporary waiting line, until a moderator has first read the post and approved it to be published to the board. Full Access members posts appear immediately on the board without moderator approval. There are a few other differences as well, but not many.

The purpose of this, of course, is to prevent unqualified individuals (i.e. non-witnesses) from registering accounts and posting their thoughtless parroted gibberish to the forums.

A Full Access member who continually violates the terms of the Forum Membership Policy may be placed in Limited Access Mode by a moderator to prevent him from freely posting offensive comments to the board.

How can I obtain a Full Access membership at JWTalk?

Wait patiently, and participate freely. The moderators will determine your eligibility after a you have been a member for a specific period of time and have made a specific number of posts to the Interchange Forum in order to establish some history with us.

We will greatly reduce the number of posts required from you for consideration if you submit a photograph of yourself holding a current copy of Our Kingdom Ministry and Organized to do Jehovah’s Will. The date on the Kingdom Ministry must be clearly visible in your photograph. This photograph needs to be sent to...

adminemail.jpg

Please do not post your picture in a reply to this topic.

Some individuals will take such a photo and make it their avatar picture. While that is nice, it still needs to be emailed to the administrator. The moderators do not necessarily read each and every post and may miss your photo or not realize your intent and desire to expedite your receiving a Full Access account. The email is the best way.

Also keep in mind that submitting a photo is no guarantee of immediate approval. The email account is not always checked on a daily basis, plus some discussion among the moderators will have to take place yet. Really, just be patient and participate freely. Limited Access is not prohibiting you from posting and replying in any manner at all, except in the Forum Games forum because of the nature of the games in there.

I was bad and I am sorry. How do I get my Full Access membership back?

This is determined on a case by case basis.

Just a reminder - should you send in a photo, it doesn't guarantee immediate "full access". It does reduce the number of posts needed, but we still ned to see you posting. This makes sense as this is a forum for discussions.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...

i think i have to wait and wait and wait..... to get full access... :wub:

The good thing is that these days, there is very little difference between Limited Access and Full Access outside of moderation. You can post your own topic in Comfort and Support (although you cannot see other topics) and you can Chat. The only real limitation is not being able to post in the Forum Games forum, and that's only because it's impossible to play in the "turn-based" games when your moderated.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 months later...

I would love to be a full access poster but I am very shy and read mostly and dont post so I will probably break some kind of record for taking forever  B)  Guess it is good that Im not just shy but patient :D  

• 2 weeks later...

If Musky and the other brothers and sisters like Bob can have the patience to read the posts, and I know Musky is good at giving instructions over and over and over again, then I can be patient and have my posts read until they are sure I am making not the smartest posts, but innocent, clean ones at least!!  Thank you for all the effort you all put forth to provide us with wholesome association.

We're here to support you every baby step of the way.  The Internet tends to lessen the shyness in some people.  5 posts down, only another 20 or 25 to go.

Why thank you. What a kind and loving thing to say. I am plugging along!

• 2 months later...

Yes, we have it, I was just not sure its name in English, we have it for the week meeting, not for service meeting.

Thank you Vernalee. :givehug:

It should be 王国传道月报 in Chinese... We have it for service meeting of course... Maybe a litle bit different in your country, Linda...

:bouncing: