JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Jesus—The Way, the Truth, the Life" publication

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2426 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, TobyB said:

counted 84 right now

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

To many, this publication is the first taste they get of the test revision of the nwt in their own language.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

84 languages vs 31 NWT languages...

Is NWT translation so advanced in 54 languages?

17 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

Aparently, it is:

In Dutch (and if anyone here speaks Dutch can help here):

Page 14 of the book:
Nu Zacharias weer kan praten, zijn de mensen verbaasd en vragen zich af: ‘Wat voor iemand zal dit kind worden?’ (Lukas 1:66)

Now Luke 1:66 in the 2004 Nieuwe-Wereldvertaling van de Heilige Schrift — met studieverwijzingen:

'en allen die het hoorden, namen er notitie van in hun hart en zeiden: „Wat zal er toch van dit jonge kind worden?” Want de hand van Jehovah was werkelijk met hem.'

14 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Aparently, it is:

In Dutch (and if anyone here speaks Dutch can help here):

Page 14 of the book:
Nu Zacharias weer kan praten, zijn de mensen verbaasd en vragen zich af: ‘Wat voor iemand zal dit kind worden?’ (Lukas 1:66)

Now that Zacharias can talk again, the people are amazed (surprised) and ask themselves: "what kind of person will this child become?"

Now Luke 1:66 in the 2004 Nieuwe-Wereldvertaling van de Heilige Schrift — met studieverwijzingen:

'en allen die het hoorden, namen er notitie van in hun hart en zeiden: „Wat zal er toch van dit jonge kind worden?” Want de hand van Jehovah was werkelijk met hem.'

'and all who heard it took note of it in their heart and said: "what will become of this young child?" Because the hand of Jehovah was at work with them.'

Edited by Sylv

It is advanced in a number of languages. It has been a priority for a number of translation teams for some years now. Some will not receive the nwt just yet. The instructions to the RTOs working on the revision was to finish the gospels and then release that book. The GB wants it to be based on the revision as far as possible.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Some languages in which "Jesus--The Way" was released will not have a translation of the 2013 NWT, because their bi12 was released recently enough to include many of the translation decisions that were released in English only in 2013. So it's not accurate to compare 85 (according to my count) languages of "jy" with 31 of "nwt".

The first book that we got in portuguese from Portugal, after the NWT revision (this year),  was the simplified edition of bible teach not this book

True. There are some exceptions. In many languages this book has been released before the nwt with the gospel texts according to the revised nwt. Where this is true, it is usually stated on the Publishers page. The statement reads something like this: "The Bible quotes from the Gospels have been translated from the 2013 revised edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures in English. All other Bible quotes are from ...". This is true for Dutch, as well as Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian and other languages.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just noticed that the texts quoted in the book are not the same as in the NWT in Spanish. They look more like NWT in English.  I do not know what it means but it's interesting.

You have the NW in Spanish, but NWT is still in production. The Jesus book quotes from the latter.

Las citas bíblicas se han traducido de la versión en lenguaje moderno Traducción del Nuevo Mundo de las Santas Escrituras (edición del 2013 en inglés).

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, felito said:

I just noticed that the texts quoted in the book are not the same as in the NWT in Spanish. They look more like NWT in English.  I do not know what it means but it's interesting.

I noted that too. At first I thought it was paraphrasing verses, but then read a big section of a Bible quote, and told myself, "this is not the actual NWT in Spanish..."

I noted that too. At first I thought it was paraphrasing verses, but then read a big section of a Bible quote, and told myself, "this is not the actual NWT in Spanish..."

Didn't they do the same with the Spanish edition of My Bible Lessons?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...
Now availabe in German (again one step closer to the Revised Bible - what a great day!) >:DJesus — der Weg, die Wahrheit, das Leben
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=X&pub=jy&srcid=share

It's quite interesting to compare the Bible quotes to your current Bible and note the differences.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It's quite interesting to compare the Bible quotes to your current Bible and note the differences.

Johan

You are right. So, lets do the math... We have the new Song-book with the changed lyrics according to the new bible, we have the Jesus-Life-book with quotes from the new Bible... and now we will get the new Bible, right?????

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

You are right. So, lets do the math... We have the new Song-book with the changed lyrics according to the new bible, we have the Jesus-Life-book with quotes from the new Bible... and now we will get the new Bible, right?????

Maybe your congregation will get a letter quite soon about a special meeting....

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”